MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been amazed at the people that i have "met" on this forum. granted there are x thousand now, and who knows how many lurkers, but to be able to recognize a few for their generosity is something. especially considering i have only met 2 in person from .net.

i won't mention names, but i have had the pleasure of people offering to help with parts and ask NOTHING in return. NOTHING! their only concern was that i was ok and to get me back on the horse soon. i don't think i've done anything extraordinary to receive gifts of kindness like this...not anymore than anybody else who posts, so it's shocking....in a very good way. so much so i felt the need to do 2 things. one of which was to type this thread of appreciation.

i don't know if everybody realizes it, but there are some very generous people onboard here. time is money/money is time. the time it takes to take pictures, document steps, sit and type responses, do research in books, visit shops in other countries, make phone calls, etc. translates into alot of value to people who receive from those actions. there is alot of FREE services that we receive here. from admin (ooops, mentioned names), to the wieirdo that created the FAQ :stickpoke , to 007 :naughty:...i mean there are people who take pics of their TV screens or send over video from their cable network because others can't get it. that is worth value...and i don't just mean dollars, pounds, quid, etc. hey, ii work on my bike all the time, but i am so focused on what i'm doing i don't even THINK to get a camera to document anything. so anybody who does that does so to benefit OTHERS, in my opinion. i've been part of other forums for other things, but this one is something special. it's that way because of the members that make it so, and the creator who is a member of it HIMSELF....even if he is a non-MV owning post whore :flickoff: j/k. i guess what i'm saying is, i have a FREE membership here, i post pretty regularly, i try to help when i can, and i contribute what i think and feel. THAT'S IT!! yet, i've recevied MUCH more than that...from ALL OVER THE WORLD (big deal in this day and time)!!! this leads me to my 2nd thing.

due to the generosity of others onboard, i have decided to give some of that energy back. i'm not the "rollin' in the dough" type, but i do see spares pop up places now and then that i could get. sometimes i do get it as "just in casers". well, now when i can, i'm going to TRY and get stuff and hold for others and pass on the same goodwill that i have received in the way i have received it. i'm not saying i'm going to have a parts warehouse, but i'm not holding anything thinking "oh, i'll just put it on ebay". if i have it and i see someone needs it, i'll send it. i know it will help somebody, and i'm sure they will feel the way i do today...assuming they are not some modena/bentley/porsche driving snob (inside joke :laughing: ). it may take me some time to accumlate stuff, but i'm committed to giving when i can.

i believe that's how things should be. energy in/energy through/energy out. i have been a recipient and a beneficiary, and so i am going to be more of a giver as well. this is not to take a stab at anybody who charges for parts. even doing that at a discounted rate is a bargain in the MV world. but, i am just speaking for myself, and what i plan to do.

"i'm not the least bit special. I'm just one flawed and isolated fragment
of a perfect and infinite mind like anybody else..." - unknown

thanks to those individuals, and thanks to everybody else whose ever given their time and energy to post anything in my regard or that i've benefited from.

gotta love .net! :drummer: :yo: :smoking: :drummer: :guitarist :king: :wave:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
As spalding stated, thanks for taking the time to post an incredible message about the forum. Much appreciation to those who contribute daily to thise site

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hear, Hear. Couldn't agree more.

We really need a clapping emote.... Either way this forum is populated by a bunch of :king:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I think member's enthusiasm for the MV amplifies member's generousity to others on the board. Not to mention, MV owners are a pretty small community than compared to R1s.

·
Registered
798 Posts
You know, I try to explain the community of this board to my wife and others and they just don't get it. Cudos to Alvin for making it possible.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I have also had an experience with someone on this forum. I needed a small part (hings for a clipon) which the dealer won't sell separately. They would only sell the entire clipon. This forum member pointed me to a shop in Italy that would sell it. Then, as I was getting ready to send payment to the shop, they member emailed me and said not to worry about it, because when he was at the shop that day, he PAID FOR IT FOR ME.

I was amazed. I can't wait until I'm in a position where I can do something similar for a board member. Pay it forward, as it were.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
spalding12 said:
yes....
you are EXACTLY right about this...
my wife and others who don't ride (or take part in online forums) will never understand the relationships we have made here
Some of my friends are Harley riders, and they don't get it either. And to be honest, I would find it hard to understand it too unless I experienced it for myself. I have been members of many car forums (Audi S4, BMW, MB) and one other motorcycle board (DML), and NONE of them compare to the community on this board.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I think its time for a group hug!!!!

Seriously though....maybe someone should plan an annual gathering...centrally located...at some prime riding area (mono county, Deals Gap, Ozarks etc ) or track day (barber).

Plan it well enough in advance and I bet there would be good turnout.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
spalding12 said:
exactly what we've been trying to do....
i surely hope this can be worked out

right.... Blake?
Greg and others...

Exactly. The events forum "sticky: CALIFORNIA SUPERBIKE SCHOOL" thread is just such a proposal. Doesn't matter WHERE or WHEN (within reason), as long as it's a recurring annual riding event. Track time, available instruction, road riding, and a few other activities. Can rotate locations/tracks each year or not.

Core of 3 days, with 2 early days and 2 late days. Some will want only 1-3 of the core days; while others might want 5-7 total days. MUST be planned well and in advance.

I'll be glad to help coordinate, etc. - BUT, I'm a newbie and don't want it to be perceived as a power trip (volunteers to take the reins?). I just want a quality event with plenty of lead time for this "family" to be able to enjoy a "MOTO-VACATION"!!

Feedback to above-referenced thread in Events forum.

Thanx to all... Blake

·
Registered
403 Posts
Very nice and true post :)
I can add that if you all were nearer to Italy, you would have same treatment from the guys of italian forum, too ;)

After California MV Riding we could even arrange a "pilgrims trip" to Italy, going to MV and CRC, with a race track day at Monza :king:

·
Registered
925 Posts
Great Post!!
The Italian passion :heart: has come through the bike into us, thats why these nuts and bolts we ride are so much more special and exclusive than any other bike out there. Keep it up!

·
Registered
170 Posts
well said style_one! Since I've been runing a community for trumpet owners I know how many hours Alvin must put into the site! Keeping it free isn't easy so it's nice to see it happen... making cool T-shirts and handling logistics isn't free either :)

I don't know how you solve the hosting part etc. but I would love if there was a donation button somewhere on the site! I sure would use it!

cheers and keep up the good work!

//zeta

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Flaming said:
Very nice and true post :)
I can add that if you all were nearer to Italy, you would have same treatment from the guys of italian forum, too ;)

After California MV Riding we could even arrange a "pilgrims trip" to Italy, going to MV and CRC, with a race track day at Monza :king:
that would truly be awesome
a 2-week trip to Italy with my wife and daughter with some time spent riding and touring the MV and CRC factories... and time at MONZA....
that would be heaven

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Flaming said:
my dream... not just the trip but to do it with all of you guys.

Style- I have had a similar experience since my Senna was knocked over, although my bike is a lightly damaged limited edition bike and has many non-traditional MV parts, lots of people PM me and offered me their spare parts from all over the world!! I was really moved and all their kindness made it much easier for me to get over the incident and start to enjoy my bike... that's why I posted "thank you all!!" thread to properly let people know how I felt.

I think your post is very true and wonderful, thank you for sharing your feelings. I will certainly start looking/saving spare parts!

I hope you can get your ride back to perfect ASAP...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts