MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone here has one?

After borrowing it for a weekend, I've just agreed to purchase a nearly new specimen off a riding pal of mine. Stock: 125cc and all of 9 bhp. Yet perhaps the most silly-grin inducing hooligan riding I've had in a long time. Even got a warning from the local Speed Tax Collectors, if ya can believe it!

It'll be a project bike for me, something to tinker on during the evenings and over the winter. Could use some suspension and brake upgrades and eventually a big bore kit, bumping it up to 170cc or so. Not unheard of to get to 15 bhp with some bolt-on mods. Doesn't sound like much - coz it isn't!! - yet there's an undeniable fun factor here.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
OH MAN
I WANT ONE JUST FOR THe HELL OF IT

but it aint comming to australia, basssssstards

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
Grom is the new Ruckus......just cool as all get out. Fairly cheap....easy to personalize....and fun to ride. I've got a Ruckus and a Vespa, so it's hard for me to justify owning one, but that doesn't keep me from thinking about it.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I brought a grom about about 3 months ago, I fell under it charms instantly and bought it without even sitting on it!!
What a great bike!! I absolutely love it, every ride gives me a massive grin from ear to ear.
I would advise ditching the stock rubber and fitting michelin 2ct with a 140 rear for better grip ( I crashed mine after 150 miles due to crap rubber).
You wont regret getting a grom!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
570 Posts
I just purchased one a couple days ago. JETS REVIEW.....you will not be getting any 3 times the limit speeding tickets but you will smile from ear to ear everytime you go through a twisty section of road. Your so close to the ground the FEELING of speed is there. The amount of cornerspeed you can carry is awesome. I love it. Cant wait to get 5 or so more ponies from it and trick it out. The aftermarket scene is vast and not that exspensive at all. You can even get some decent rubber for about $100.00 I think it will take off like the ruckus and have a cult like following. Great lil bike. This will be my daughters first motorcycle whenshe turns 16 in 12 years. :) :) :) all smiles.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Personally, wouldn't touch it with a 10 feet pole.
Geek transport, but to each their own.
There needs to be a butt for every seat.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm saving up for one for multi use proposes..pit bike, grocery getter, both of my son's wanting to get their learners permit and start riding, occasional commute on the side roads to work, and to hit up the cart track up against my friends ysr..looks like loads of fun. Faster than a ruckus too!!

·
Super Moderator
24,102 Posts
Heck, it's only $3200.00 US and it sits higher than I thought. Almost took one for a test ride.

·
Registered
17,191 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If anyone is interested in dropping $10k on a Grom, here is the one for you. It comes with an extended swing arm for those that plan on taking it to the drag strip.:bash:

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2014-Honda-Grom-112003524

Yikes! That's a little crazy.

Just put on new Michelins with a 140 rear tire today. Makes a TON of difference. The rear feels substantially taller and it's a lot quicker turning in. Still smiling!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts