MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked this up after a bit of negotiating from an eBay UK listing.

Apparently very popular in The States in the early 2000's.

Honda CBR929 Erion Racing edition. (Supposedly only 20 in UK; still awaiting Honda's confirmation).

12,000 miler in excellent condition and a fitting partner for my other Blades.

Attachments

Registered
Nice! Looks really low in the back end

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! Looks really low in the back end
Haven't noticed any ride/handling differences from my others. Just the way they are, I think. Will check the shock tomorrow though, just in case!:wink2:

booo no MV!! booo!! . . .
But I posted in the correct section, AND I still have my MV:grin2::wink2:

Long exhausts do look a bit dated now, but I won't be changing it.

Registered
wooo hoooo
thats a stunner Nigel
love it

Registered
Hi Nigelrb,

Congratulations / VERY cool! It appears relatively stock... and the headers are pristine! The big CBR's ('Blades as you call 'em over there) are big fun... how many others do you have? If not too much to ask, years, models, and images if possible... (On this end, 'have only one: a 2015 Honda CBR1000RR SP Repsol.)

Again, congratulations & enjoy!

Safe travels,
M Squared

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Nigelrb,

Congratulations / VERY cool! It appears relatively stock... and the headers are pristine! The big CBR's ('Blades as you call 'em over there) are big fun... how many others do you have? If not too much to ask, years, models, and images if possible... (On this end, 'have only one: a 2015 Honda CBR1000RR SP Repsol.)

Again, congratulations & enjoy!

Safe travels,
M Squared
Ooh, I'm actually asked to post about Hondas!

The Erion is all stock apart from a Scorpion end can and a hugger. I have the original can. Headers are titanium as standard on these. Have been detailed with Autosol: https://www.autosol.com/

I have three other CBRs: 2018 SP2, 2011 with Chinese Castrol fairings, and a mint 2004 5,000 miler. There's also a mint 1985 VF1000R and a good 1985 NS400R. Somewhere around here there's also an MV F41000R and an aprilia RSV1000R Factory.

Attachments

Registered
Congrats Nigel. I have a lot of respect for the CBRs and if the nice one made its way into my garage I would only be too happy. One of my bucket list bikes is RC51 SP2. The garage is full but if one just happens to land in my cross hairs...

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
. . . One of my bucket list bikes is RC51 SP2. The garage is full but if one just happens to land in my cross hairs...
A full garage does not prevent a purchase - it just requires 'thinking outside the square' solutions!!

Agree on your choice. The RC51 SP2, despite their climbing prices, is probably the more affordable 'special bike' after the RC30 and RC45. All three are horrendously dear in UK now, AND we seem to be getting all the 'barn finds' from USA and Canada. How many friggin' barns you guys got over there?:grin2:

Just check this link and look through the 'see other items stock: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CA77-CA-77-Dream-Touring-1966-US-BARN-FIND-staggering-unrestored-condition/223463335003?hash=item340773e45b:g:ZYUAAOSwk2JcnN64

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
The 929s are one of the more highly regarded FireBlade models for their rideability. . .
True, Glenno. I'm just finding this out. Much more nimble than the 2004 and 2011, and for road use, much the same power useability. Those who have had the earlier bikes claim the 954s to be the best because of their much lighter weight and other minor improvements.

Like most Honda enthusiasts I'm waiting for the right RC30 but will have to pay through the nose.

And that brings about a very interesting conundrum>:) on this forum at least: In the hierarchy of revered or 'wish list' bikes, would the RC30 sit alongside the Sennas or early CCs, or above or below? I guess in reality it depends upon where one's heart and allegiance lie:smile2:.

Registered
wicked collection Nigel. Love it

Registered
The rC30 would be above among the motorcycling world. But I'm sure MV biased fans would say below.

True, Glenno. I'm just finding this out. Much more nimble than the 2004 and 2011, and for road use, much the same power useability. Those who have had the earlier bikes claim the 954s to be the best because of their much lighter weight and other minor improvements.

Like most Honda enthusiasts I'm waiting for the right RC30 but will have to pay through the nose.

And that brings about a very interesting conundrum>:) on this forum at least: In the hierarchy of revered or 'wish list' bikes, would the RC30 sit alongside the Sennas or early CCs, or above or below? I guess in reality it depends upon where one's heart and allegiance lie:smile2:.

Registered
I do like that NS 400 Nigel, let me know when you are out for the day and the key is under the doormat! Lol.

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
You missed out big time. Got it just down the road from you in Doncaster!

I might just happen to have a recent pic. Ooh yes, I do:grin2:

Attachments

Registered
wow, very nice. There was a Rothman version here in the US that didn't sell not too long ago. Never heard one in person.

Registered
Hey nigelrb, Nice NS.

I had one in those HRC colours my mate had the Rothmans. I put a set of Nikon pipes on, sounded better at low RPM but still poor at higher revs.
Do you have the red rear seat cover? It improves the looks.

Beautifully made bike, really suited my weight so handling was great for me. But I found the engine was dull in terms of it's smooth 73 hp, yes it was easier to ride with the ATAC system but I liked the kick in the pants the 500 RD and RG had.

Regarding your comment on the RC30, seen as you have a nice F4 I would opt for the RC30. I believe there is more pleasure in diversity and the RC30 is such an iconic and beautiful machine. As you say you will have to pay through the nose, a cheap one is what 拢25,000?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts