MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's away working in New York and I'm home alone and feeling pretty lonely, so I've brought my baby into the house to keep me company. :naughty:

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MV-999R said:
Hehehehe, nice :smoking:

BTW did you wife took the dog with her? ;)
Hi I'm really surprised that you still remember him.

Sadly he died nearly 2 weeks ago on Friday October 6th . He was diagnosed with bone cancer (osteosarcoma) in May and we had to have his left rear leg amputated. He seemed to get over the operation fine and was doing really well on just 3 legs until 2 weeks ago when he went lame in his remaining hind leg and seemed to be finding it very hard to breath. He had xrays and blood tests done and the vet diagnosed him with a serious heart problem and fluid backing up on his lung. I had no choice but to put him to sleep and I took him home and the vet came out to him after he had closed for the weekend on Saturday evening and he was put to sleep whilst I cradled his head in my arms. It was a really difficult thing to do but I am told that there was no way back for him. :bawling:
I also put his sister to sleep in July as she had an auto immune blood disorder. :bawling: :(
RIP Calvi and Chelsea

Here's the last photo I took of him taken the day he he died. :bawling:

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
reptile said:

Sadly he died nearly 2 weeks ago on Friday October 6th . He was diagnosed with bone cancer (osteosarcoma) in May and we had to have his left rear leg amputated. He seemed to get over the operation fine and was doing really well on just 3 legs until 2 weeks ago when he went lame in his remaining hind leg and seemed to be finding it very hard to breath. He had xrays and blood tests done and the vet diagnosed him with a serious heart problem and fluid backing up on his lung. I had no choice but to put him to sleep and I took him home and the vet came out to him after he had closed for the weekend on Saturday evening and he was put to sleep whilst I cradled his head in my arms. It was a really difficult thing to do but I am told that there was no way back for him. :bawling:
I also put his sister to sleep in July as she had an auto immune blood disorder. :bawling: :(
RIP Calvi and Chelsea

Sure i remember :)
You really seemed to love those dogs.
I'm sorry to hear they're gone :(

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
i miss my dog.

i don't think i'd be able to hold my dog while he died. i'd go crazy.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Very sorry for your losses. My wife and I had to put our dog to sleep last month; a very difficult thing to do.

·
Registered
19 Posts
reptile said:

RIP Calvi and Chelsea

Reptile you are one tough man... and your story breaks my heart...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Reptile...the picture brought tears to my eyes. So sorry you lost them. The loss of my doberman of 8 years Mookie (who I bought at 6 weeks) was unbelievably hard. I still miss her to this day and have yet to replace her.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys, Yes J Spec putting him to sleep even with the expert advice from the vet and breed club etc. was probably the hardest thing that I've ever had to do. My little sister died last year and that was so hard but this for some reason hit me harder? I feel for you Fazer6 and for anyone who has to put their dog to sleep.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LBonanMV said:
Reptile...the picture brought tears to my eyes. So sorry you lost them. The loss of my doberman of 8 years Mookie (who I bought at 6 weeks) was unbelievably hard. I still miss her to this day and have yet to replace her.
I'm so sorry to hear about Mookie. Dobermans are adorable and such goofy dogs sometimes.
Calvi and Chelsea were 8 and 10 weeks when I got them, if I do ever get another dog it will be from a refuge as they were my pups.

·
Registered
520 Posts
So sorry to hear this....my dogs are my life...... My 14 year old springer had a turn a few months ago and I was very worried how her daughter would cope, let alone me! I have just got a nine week old springer pup, which has given my old one a new lease of life, albeit short. The pup brings a smile to everyones face. I think I will now cope better with the enevitable fast approaching......I hope you soon feel able to get another.....I wish you the best of luck.
Tont

1 - 20 of 20 Posts