1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
That is bad ass, glad to see a MV competing and doing well. Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
pretty cool!

just proves that the F4 is a fast platform.

i've been trying to find out more information on the bike and the team. so far, this is what my search has turned up:
http://www.edovignaracing.it/en/MotoEN.htm

i'm not sure that this is the right group, but it is called EVR Corse. and if that is the bike, i'm stunned. the bike in that pic looks totally stock except for the aftermarket exhaust.

how restrictive are the WSB superstock rules? can the brakes be modified? like the master cylinder? (btw, looks like the EVR bike has a stock system) and what about engine and suspenion mods? in ama superstock, the forks have to look like stock, but you can gut them and put in different internals.

maybe our italian forum members can find out how much work has been done on the EVR bike?

alex

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
altoon said:
just proves that the F4 is a fast platform.

i've been trying to find out more information on the bike and the team. so far, this is what my search has turned up:
http://www.edovignaracing.it/en/MotoEN.htm

i'm not sure that this is the right group, but it is called EVR Corse. and if that is the bike, i'm stunned. the bike in that pic looks totally stock except for the aftermarket exhaust.

how restrictive are the WSB superstock rules? can the brakes be modified? like the master cylinder? (btw, looks like the EVR bike has a stock system) and what about engine and suspenion mods? in ama superstock, the forks have to look like stock, but you can gut them and put in different internals.

maybe our italian forum members can find out how much work has been done on the EVR bike?

alex
There's the Zard system :toothless :flickoff: :flickoff:

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
more info & a correction

looks like there are 3 MV's in the superstock series for 2006. the riders are:
Ayrton Badovini (now if that isn't a cool name...)
Giuseppe Barone
Gianluca Rapicavoli

all of these riders are with the Unionbike GiMotorsports effort. looks like the EVR Corse team was from last year. i tried to get to the GiMotorsports website, but it looks like it's under construction.

does anyone know more about this team, and the bikes? i'd really like to find out more about the hardware. how much is being done to the F4 to make it competative with the japanese stuff?

it's interesting to point out that Ducati is notably absent from the superstock grid! my guess is that in superstock form, the 999 is probably not a very competative machine...

alex

btw, for you USA people, Jason Perez is also racing this series (06 giggy 1k)

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I was just curious about times to the best of the test's superbike times

------------------------------
1 Polita Alessandro Celani Suzuki Italia Suzuki GSX1000 K6 33 1'39.018

2 Badovini Ayrton Biassono UnionbikeGiMotor MV Agusta 25 1'39.739

3 Smrz Matej MS Racing Honda CBR 1000RR 26 1'40.012

1. Troy Bayliss AUS Ducati Xerox 999F06 1min 33.758 secs
2. Ruben Xaus SPA Sterilgarda - Berik Ducati 999F05 1min 34.659 secs
3. Lorenzo Lanzi ITA Ducati Xerox 999F06 1min 34.848 secs
-
28. Craig Jones GBR Foggy Petronas Racing FP1 1min 38.02 secs

Suzuki and MV would have been another second and a second and a half back from the Foggy in 28th. Interesting considering the superstock rules and that the field in SBK is separated by 5 seconds!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
JamesC said:
I was just curious about times to the best of the test's superbike times

1 Polita Alessandro Celani Suzuki Italia Suzuki GSX1000 K6 33 1'39.018

2 Badovini Ayrton Biassono UnionbikeGiMotor MV Agusta 25 1'39.739

3 Smrz Matej MS Racing Honda CBR 1000RR 26 1'40.012

1. Troy Bayliss AUS Ducati Xerox 999F06 1min 33.758 secs
2. Ruben Xaus SPA Sterilgarda - Berik Ducati 999F05 1min 34.659 secs
3. Lorenzo Lanzi ITA Ducati Xerox 999F06 1min 34.848 secs
-
28. Craig Jones GBR Foggy Petronas Racing FP1 1min 38.02 secs

Suzuki and MV would have been another second and a second and a half back from the Foggy in 28th. Interesting considering the superstock rules and that the field in SBK is separated by 5 seconds!
Wow! That's a huge difference.

That's really interesting, especially when you look at Superstock vs. Superbike in the AMA. There, the times are within a few ticks. It's really close.

I wonder why there is such a big difference? Do Superstock bikes in WSB run slicks or DOT tires?

Mat Mladin, during testing a Philip Island this year said that the WSB Superbikes were more powerful than his AMA bike, but he still killed Corser around that track...

Alex

1 - 16 of 16 Posts