MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:drummer: :drummer: :drummer:

Tam 292 has emerged from a long winters nap. In preparation for a GREAT season, a few details were addressed.

Having finished the 2006 season at the mid-Ohio track, and with ~4500 miles on the clock, #292 decided to spend some time at the Fast by Ferracci spa. So Jason and Phil went down Peter's list and here's what #292 was treated to:

change ALL fluids...oil Agip 4T Racing 20/50, coolant Amsoil
NGK spark plugs
Performance friction Racing brake pads(front)
BMC Air filter
Quickshifter (no PC)
also replaced plastic fuel tank covers with painted CF ones

And the dyno run first thing this am by Eraldo demonstrated in 5th gear a smooth run to max [email protected] 172.76 rear wheel hp and 158mph.

So, I got out for a first season ride and Holy jesus Batman...this machine is sic! :f4: :jsm: :jsm: :jsm:

To hear this monster and rocket away from any stop by just popping the shifter is friggin nuts :yo: . It is so smooth and crazy fast, I'm jumping with excitement. AND, braking is GREAT; I love the feel...

Will post up stuff asap but for the meantime you can review my album....Peter

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
The Tambo comes from the factory with 172.8 crank HP. This is stated on MV's website.

Drivetrain loss, (when an engines power must go through transmission, chain, wheel bearings etc) usually averages 12-15%

Industry standard for doing dyno pulls is 4th gear. This comes from the days when most trannies were 4 speeds and were a direct 1:1 ratio. This has been kept as standard for consistancy. 5th gears pulls will show higher numbers.

Yes, FBF's dyno has a rep for reading high.

I would expect any Tambo to read around 150RWHP, just like the current R bikes that have the same HP as the Tambo. (actually 1.2hp more)

Still, it's just numbers and I would still like to see the dyno printout Reo!
Isn't that first ride of the season sweet??

·
Registered
403 Posts
Mr. Ferracci is a legend. His numbers are good enough for me. Have fun on that beautiful beast! That is one awesome bike you've got!

·
Registered
259 Posts
What? You didn't upgrade the rider? :wtf:

I look forward to seeing your improved parade laps. :D

TC

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
airfuel said:
The Tambo comes from the factory with 172.8 crank HP. This is stated on MV's website.

Drivetrain loss, (when an engines power must go through transmission, chain, wheel bearings etc) usually averages 12-15%

Industry standard for doing dyno pulls is 4th gear. This comes from the days when most trannies were 4 speeds and were a direct 1:1 ratio. This has been kept as standard for consistancy. 5th gears pulls will show higher numbers.

Yes, FBF's dyno has a rep for reading high.

I would expect any Tambo to read around 150RWHP, just like the current R bikes that have the same HP as the Tambo. (actually 1.2hp more)

Still, it's just numbers and I would still like to see the dyno printout Reo!
Isn't that first ride of the season sweet??

I agree with this post...for a second I thought the Tambu was so awesome it had reversed the laws of physics! 150 sounds about right.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Tamburini IS awesome. Whatever the #'s are, and John has the printout, that machine is at another level.

The few, the proud, THE TAMBURINI OWNERS.

If it would only warm up 10-15 degrees, maybe I would ride the BEAST.

Yo Thomas...have I told you recently :finger: . Enjoy your Honda season. :loser:

Peter, still :king: with #292 :f4: ....can U say TAMBURINI :drummer:

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I refuse the believe the Tambu makes that much at the wheel awesome or not :p

That dyno was super optimistic. Either that or you got the F4CC engine in there!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts