MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's where I read it:

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2007/Aug/0708271.htm

Either this is an idle threat, or it's serious.

Let's assume it's serious for now.

It's the underlying implication that's impressive: Why Pedrosa would mention Kawasaki and not Suzuki, Ducati, or another Honda team running on Bridgestones. Or even Yamaha for that matter, who are rumored to be running a Bridgestone team next year.

So, why Kawasaki?

Assuming Pedrosa is serious, it can only mean he is impressed with the bike based on what he's seen with his own two eyes.

This is significant. John Hopkins probably had a pretty good choice of seats, and he chose Kawasaki. There was probably money involved, but he wants to win like anyone else.

This virtually proves that these two guys have spent some time behind the Kawasakis during practice or whatever, and envisioned that their own skill would be a good match for the bike, possibly a better match than the bikes they are currently on.

Every racer does this to some extent, I think. I spent so much time getting my ass kicked leaving corners by twin cylinder bikes that I got one, and I don't even really like twins!

This implies that the Kawasaki is likely going to be a contender next year, given that all the other teams don't make significant progress and Kawasaki doesn't.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
i think the kawasaki is a underrated bike , with a better rider on board i reckon they could get great results however i dont think dani will swap, hes hondas golden boy

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I find it almost unbelieveable that a rider would want to choose a Kawasaki over a Suzuki or Yamaha, given recent history in MotoGP, but it appears they are there.

Seems like they could sign a bigger star than Anthony West, but it would make me very happy if he could get up toward the podium because there's no BS about him which I like.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Andy, I think the rider knows better than making idle and empty threat toward HRC. At the same time, Pedrosa's act of departure would be the equivalence of "biting the hand that feed you". As you used to say, very "Bad juju".

At any rate, HRC president was confident they would have him on their payroll next year. FWIW, Team Green has just renewed West for another year. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts