MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Appears to be several missing bolts on the frame. There is an empty hole in the top frame connection on both sides. The pix shows a yellow mark used to check the alignment of the bolt to the frame. Only problem is that the corresponding bolt is missing. Also notice the missing tank screw on the left side. Thinking that this may be by design? Check your nuts..... Looking for feedback.:confused:

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Sorry am I missing something? Is the picture supposed to be showing me something cause I can't see it?

I thought the yellow marks on all the nuts was some sort of MV quality control, do the nut up, tighten to the right torque and mark it so they know its been done, I could be wrong?
If I'm right and you say the yellow mark is there but the bolt is missing the has someone in done it for some reason since leaving MV?

I found the two bolts for the petrol tank under the seat weren't bolted to anything, the nuts were missing from underneath, these bolts didn't have yellow paint on them, maybe others can tell me if theirs have, which would indicate they were never fastened at the factory?

·
Registered
247 Posts
The nut with the yellow marker looks fine to me, the other, top left of the picture doesn't look right, it looks like a bolt has come loose and fallen out. If you look close enough around the edge of the hole, you can see what look like pressure marks from the bolt that was there.

·
Administrator
19,860 Posts
I do believe you have lost a fastener there !!!! Go back to the dealer!!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry am I missing something? Is the picture supposed to be showing me something cause I can't see it?

I thought the yellow marks on all the nuts was some sort of MV quality control, do the nut up, tighten to the right torque and mark it so they know its been done, I could be wrong?
If I'm right and you say the yellow mark is there but the bolt is missing the has someone in done it for some reason since leaving MV?

I found the two bolts for the petrol tank under the seat weren't bolted to anything, the nuts were missing from underneath, these bolts didn't have yellow paint on them, maybe others can tell me if theirs have, which would indicate they were never fastened at the factory?
Ackers are you saying you have two nuts missing under the seat on your bike? One on each side? And there is no bolt/nut in the top frame hole but there is a yellow mark. B3 owners...look at your bike and tell us if yours is different.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wondering if this was a unit that had a new cylinder head fitted because of valve springs? If so, that's where the problem was introduced.

Dealer PDI is pretty much worthless. Most just uncreate and move on to the next bike.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I see now, (when I was looking before the picture I was seeing was of your tail tidy?) mines present and correct, isn't the nut with the hole in it in the frame supposed to be like that. the yellow mark IS the bolt, its just one with a hole through the centre of it?
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1372838018.519622.jpg

The two missing nuts on mine attached to the underside of these nuts
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1372838068.983450.jpg

I found this nut loose in the little storage area underneath so assume this was supposed to be attached to said bolts, only found one though.
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1372838141.932229.jpg

It wasn't a big issue as the tank was held secure by the bolt on each side in the first pic but I think I might just have a check over for anything else that might be missing :eek:

It could be that the dealer had the tank off for some reason (battery perhaps?) and it's them rather than MV that didn't do them up?

·
Registered
124 Posts
i lost 3 to 4 screws already.. just the small m4 ones on the coolercover... and the chaingard nearly went off...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey forum....I need a part number for my lost tank screw. Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
19,860 Posts
Hey forum....I need a part number for my lost tank screw. Any suggestions?
Yes....call the dealer you bought it from.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes....call the dealer you bought it from.
Some how I knew you would say that:yo: obviously the best option. I'm too impatient when it comes to my little Bambino. Sometimes it's faster to over nite a part or two. I've always said that if I have a choice if i ever fall down on my bike, i would rather take the injury cause I will heal faster than it takes to get parts for an Italian bike.
Ain't that the truth? :bash:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts