MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2014 Brutale 800 a couple months ago. Put on another 1500 miles since then. Bike will not start and after reading more here in the Brutale section, it seems to be the sprag clutch. Dealership suspects the same thing and told me about the sprag clutch recall with the Brutales. I've been trying to make arrangements to have the bike come in to be further evaluated at the dealership but they have been dragging their feet and have yet to return my phone calls (4 within the last week). It's been almost three weeks already. Because I bought this with 8900 miles on it, I do not know if the sprag clutch had been replaced. Is there a way for me to find out (without going through the dealership) whether the sprag clutch had been replaced already? If it has already been replaced as part of the recall, there is one other mechanic in town who works on Euro Cycles :wink2: that I can take my bike to get serviced rather than the dealership.

·
Administrator
20,738 Posts
You should call MV USA and ask them. They should have all warranty records on every VIN imported to this country readily accessible.

It is required as part of the TREAD act that regulates all vehicle manufacturer's responsibilities for reporting failures to the NTHSA.

Reactions: silentservice703
1 - 3 of 3 Posts