MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
happy new year to you all, hope its filled with lots of good news and powerball victories

was curious to know who has the highest mileage on their F4, and if they had to do any major rebuilds engine wise (or just regular service intervals) in order to get to that level of mileage

grazie

·
Registered
785 Posts
One of our MVs has about 22,000 miles (35,200 km) - still going strong and it looks better than when it left the showroom!

We know of one MV in Italy with appoximately 35,000 miles (56,000 km)! still using the original engine.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Its amazing that we regard 50,000Kms as a lot in terms of engine work, my Dads Ariel square four circa 1946, which was a air cooled 8 valve OVC pushrod four, went to rest with 220,000 miles (included rebuilds of course) on the clock...I believe this was considered reasonable normal......

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I agree with you, most people think that once a bike engine has done 50k km its going to blow up and fall apart!!!

I've seen CBR1000RR which has done about 120k km and still going strong.

The important thing is to regularly change the oil and do the belts/timing chain.

agusta01 said:
Its amazing that we regard 50,000Kms as a lot in terms of engine work, my Dads Ariel square four circa 1946, which was a air cooled 8 valve OVC pushrod four, went to rest with 220,000 miles (included rebuilds of course) on the clock...I believe this was considered reasonable normal......

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
minime
i dont think you can compare a jap bike with an italian bike
yes i too have seen r1 and gxrs with 80 or 100ks , but nevr seen an italian bike with those kind of kays

and i struggle to understand how anyone would buy an italian bike with 20ks (serviced or not)on it, becasue of the percepion people have of high kms i personally would never buy an italian bike with more than 5ks on it

·
Registered
785 Posts
anothermvfanatic said:
becasue of the percepion people have of high kms i personally would never buy an italian bike with more than 5ks on it

In all honesty the MV which has over 20k on the clock has been more reliable than any Jap bike we have owned throughout its life... its still going strong. But if buying a used bike (Jap or Italian) I would prefer a low mile example. :)

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Boy - this has me worried. I've already done 1300km in 3 weeks. I intend to ride mine as often as possible, every day if I can - and I have no intention of selling it some time next year...

·
Registered
23 Posts
No worries...the only problems I've had are a bad oil pressure switch(took 3 months to get a new one a year ago) and the rear hub bearing failure(took 2 months to replace). No engine problems whatsoever in my 29000 miles and I plan on a lot more :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts