MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just bought my Brutale 800 and currently have 550 miles on it. From the day I first rode it I noticed a noise coming from somewhere. It almost sounding like the chain but was coming from the engine area. It almost sounds like a high frequency noise when it gets goin and kinda bugs my ear. The bike performs as it did since I’ve had it. The noise is just noticeable when I ride and I was curious to see if anyone knew wether this is just engine whine or something I should be concerned about. You can hear it at idle but it also grows as the revs increase while riding. I Have a video but wasn’t sure how to post, sorry I’m new. Thanks so much guys.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
To be honest, our 3-cylinder bikes make lots of engine clatter noises. Much more than Japanese bikes. It could be normal noise. If you ride with earplugs especially, you will think your bike is about to grenade the day you forget them.

With that said, post a video and let’s have a listen. Maybe it is an issue. Also does the noise change when stopped and in neutral ? Does it change when you pull the clutch lever in? Does the noise pick up with revs when doing the above?

What year model is your B3? The bikes with hydraulic cam chain tensioners were more noisy, especially during cold start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts