• >15,000 Miles

Votes: 10 25.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a poll going on the F3 forums to try and gauge what might need attention on the 3 cylinder platform. I've only got a total of 11,000 miles of which I put on 8,000 since April! Bike has been handling the miles perfectly! Does not burn any oil at all. But I am curious about more than just the F3 since those tend to be weekend only or garage type bikes.

So, how many miles have you got? What do we need to pay attention to as the miles add up?!!

2014 F3 800 with 11,000 miles here... lots of hard weekend riding and if the weather is nice, commuting in hot stop and go traffic!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
2016 TVL, 13,000 miles approx last time I looked. Confident it'll be good for a few times that, hopefully more.

Rode a new demo TV a few weeks ago, pleased that mine still felt as fresh when I swapped back.

·
Registered
371 Posts
My bike has 8,000 miles in nine months (I was out for two with the sprag). I am an every day rider and will be until :nutkick:

Melania is a classic and I can not see ever letting her go.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Speak for your own bike ;)
11,900 miles my 2014 F3 675 died on me during a ride. Left me stranded miles away from home.
I purchased bike new in March 2016 and had just about every known issue with it so far. Sprag, fuel tank, front wheel speed sensor and back brake pump have all been replaced. Back brakes still needed to be bleed twice after new pump. Then all of a sudden during a ride the engine cut off and would not start. Hopefully it is not a dropped valve. Waiting to hear back from dealer and if it is anything major I am going to lemon law this good looking piece of shit.

Very promising feedback! The known issues and demons show up early and after that things look good.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Bought my TV with 5000 km on the clock. Got about 12000 km now. Only issue so far is the battery, as the original one died recently. I replaced it with a Lithium battery last week. I suspect as well the rear blinkers will not last too long... But beside this, no issues. The previous owner of the bike was a MV Agusta dealer, and it was its personal bike. It was produced in April 2015. The dealer sold quite a few TV/TVLs. The Edition One he sold has done more than 30000km, but the owner experienced quite a few issues. Most of them were covered with Service Bulletins with later productions. The dealer also mentioned to me 2 other bikes among the TV he sold with more than 15000 km without issues...

As matter of fact, I remember that when I was looking for used TVs on different websites and dealers, some of my good friends addicted to Italian bikes both (one has had multiple Cagiva (the mother house), the other is riding now a Benelli but was also a Cagiva user before) told me a few things :
- Avoid edition one models (produced in 2014, first batch, and likely to get affected with all early production issues)
- Prefer later batches to earlier batches, and check for Service Bulletins applied
- Avoid any used bikes with mileage less than 4000 kms.
I took their advised and considered them in my choices.

The few guys I saw complaining with key issues in early mileage in forums (the two guys never posted here but on non brand dedicated forums) were actually buyers of Edition One model (saw one buying one late 2016 and having issues less than two months after)...

All taken into consideration, I suspect TV/TVLs from MY 2017 may be more reliable than earlier models, but components linked with Euro 4 specs maybe subject to caution...

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm over the 10,000 mile milestone...2015 800 DRAGSTER RR I rode 404 miles sunday and 537 on a sunday last month, along with several 200-300 mile rides this year. I will be doing a 'saddle sore 1000" at the end of sept. 2017..MV AGUSTA is sending me a t-shirt and a hat for media photos. My problems with the 3 cyl. has mainly been the sprag, I had it repaired around 1000 miles and it is now starting to make some ugly sounds again, I do believe the lithium battery is helping, it spins the engine faster..my other issue is with the cooling system, it blows fuse #7 (fan) I wont attempt to chase that issue until I take the bike apart this winter for maintenance, I just went straight to a 20 amp. toggle switch so I can flip it on when needed, this works better anyways..I can keep the bike cooler. I can also run the fan after I stop, it cools the bike faster on these 100 plus temp. days...the engine and transmission seems to run as good or better than new, the bike flies, I couldn't be happier about the performance on this thing...installed new rear tire last week..the clutch feels good and the brakes seem to be 100%..no complaints. If I get stuck on a road trip, I think the sprag is going to be the weak link..cooling sensors might be a issue too...
if I could do this over, I might be happier with a 1090 corsa, that sprag issue just wont leave me alone...

·
Registered
605 Posts
I have a 2016 Brutale 800 RR which I bought at the end of October of 2016. It laid low during the winter, but now has a little over 6K miles.
I figured by the end of October of this year it should be about 10K-11K miles.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Almost 20k on my 2015 Dragster rr. Lots of issues, lots. I love the bike though and will continue to support MV because they've shown me that they care.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Just under 13,000 miles on my TV since October 2015, no serious problems, just the clutch sensor and 3 quickshifter sensors. I'm thinking of trading mine in soon before the mileage gets too high. Best trade-in offer so far is only £7,500 so if anyone wants a TV let me know.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Just under 13,000 miles on my TV since October 2015...
Traded my 23 000 miles 2015 Stradale in june for 6 600€ or about £6 000.

Stradale had not a scratch on it and no mechanical hiccup except for the dead clutch switch last week before the trade.

BTW T-V will operate with a dead clutch switch, not the Stradale.
Won't even start!

Stradale rear blinkers both blinking but fogged-up :nerd2: from water ingress.
Same blinkers (stamped 2015!) same water in for the T-V

·
Registered
769 Posts
Same blinkers (stamped 2015!) same water in for the T-V
One day ride under the rain and the rear blinkers became aquariums. I need to find a small red fish to put inside now :grin2: I'm considering changing them anyway... Considering either original one (but would definitely considering opening them to seal them with some transparent and waterproof paste) or others (maybe requiring same treatment)...

·
Super Moderator
21,417 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
One day ride under the rain ... find a small red fish to put inside now :grin2:...
Carps grow huge if you feed them!

Some goo has been lathered, mebbe in the shop, on the front and back blinkers.
As a matter of fact in the back of the front blinkers.

After 300 km of relentless moonson apocalypse goo won't do any good.
I know all about blinker fluid.

Soldering iron, needle tip :wink2: powah.
Piercing the lowest point of black casing.
Psssshit :grin2: problem solved.
@silentservice703 :banghead: a very tiny toy submarine?

·
Super Moderator
21,417 Posts
^^^Funny stuff, that^^^

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Soldering iron, needle tip :wink2: powah.
Piercing the lowest point of black casing.
Psssshit :grin2: problem solved.
Same here, but 1mm drill. Carefully made hole at low point of rear blinkers. No problem with water or goldfish in last 9,000 miles.

·
Registered
342 Posts
34 thousand miles on f3 675 2013. I hope my luck keeps holding. Some of these threads make me feel like I am going to wake up one morning and my bike's engine is going to blow all by itself in the middle of the night.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Way to go Neal! This forum definitely puts me in the mindset that my bike is beautiful but on the edge of self destruction. My polls are a way of trying to see some success stories and find out what might need attention so that we can get the most out of our bikes.

Before I bought this MV F3 800 I always had dream bikes or bikes that I rode that were better than what I had. I can really say that for how I ride I have yet to experience a better bike! Love this bike!

34 thousand miles on f3 675 2013. I hope my luck keeps holding. Some of these threads make me feel like I am going to wake up one morning and my bike's engine is going to blow all by itself in the middle of the night.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts