MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received the HID system I purchased for my F4. I got it from

www.xenonpros.com

The great thing is that the delivery took two days AND they offer a wide variety of bulb temperatures

GOOD STUFF!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Would you mind telling me:

• How heavy is the ballast?
  • Is this a large unit?
  • Do all your other lights work properly?
Thanks - The price looks good & im very interested in getting a system myself.

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't put it in yet, just received it. But, the unit is about 3"X2"X1", pretty light. I'll let you know if it affects other lights. It is a plug and play, in line unit. I hope it won't affect other electronics.
F4ACE said:
  • Is this a large unit?

·
Registered
294 Posts
F4ACE said:
  • Is this a large unit?
I have a pair of McCulloch units (one best out there in terms of quality) installed on my Bird more than four years ago for both Low/High beams. Works good so far despite of being turned on/off/on before each start in a quick succession. They are like any other HID unit, not bigger not smaller except the new digital ones. High quality connectors, long cables. I paid $180 for the pair (yes, for the pair). $250 for one of them is highway robbery!

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just installed a set of HID from www.neverburnout.com. Antonio who works there made the wires long enough so I can hide the ballast under my seat. The unit cost me $168 which included shipping. It is supposively a digital ballast witht the ignitor built inside. You can choose any color temp. bulb. So far it works great. If anyone is interested, you need to e-mail them first as they dont advertise motorcycle kits on their site. Dont forget to ask they about increasing the wire length.

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the same system I received!!
Ruhi said:
I have a pair of McCulloch units (one best out there in terms of quality) installed on my Bird more than four years ago for both Low/High beams. Works good so far despite of being turned on/off/on before each start in a quick succession. They are like any other HID unit, not bigger not smaller except the new digital ones. High quality connectors, long cables. I paid $180 for the pair (yes, for the pair). $250 for one of them is highway robbery!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ruhi said:
Where did u purchase them...and i am sure 180 for the pair is not feasable now a days!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
i'm surprised you wanted a HID high beam. i chose against it because after having the low beam, i don't even need the high beam anymore except to flash and that won't happen with the HID ignite time. that and when the light is set properly, when you turn on that high beam, you'll be blinding low flying pilots. :laughing:

M

·
0 Posts
I am installing HID's on my Brutale this weekend. I will report back once operation "Let there be Light" is completed.

moto_bella

·
Registered
294 Posts
style_one said:
i'm surprised you wanted a HID high beam....
Assuming the quote was directed at me; only if you were to see me coming behind a dosing on the left lane (supposedly passing only lane in US) self appointed speed limit enforcer... Some cannot move fast enough to the next lane, some block their mirrors with their hands, others adjust their mirrors and there are few who salutes with the "up yours finger" while refusing to yield. When riding in groups unless I am in the front, I don't use the high beam. Also, note that "flash to pass" just recently became legal in US destined bikes. I did both beams HID and never looked back. I won't do in on the 312 though, just the low beam.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
the reason i didnt do the high beam on my mv is because i like the button that flickers the high beam on and off when im passing, if u have a hid and flicker with that button, you will burn out your bulb very fast, and it wont be too bright either because the hid needs time to start and warm up to its full brightness.

·
Registered
522 Posts
moto_bella said:
I am installing HID's on my Brutale this weekend. I will report back once operation "Let there be Light" is completed.

moto_bella
Looking forward to your report unless your on a straight road the high beam sucks.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
NFLPATS said:
I just installed a set of HID from www.neverburnout.com. Antonio who works there made the wires long enough so I can hide the ballast under my seat. The unit cost me $168 which included shipping. It is supposively a digital ballast witht the ignitor built inside. You can choose any color temp. bulb. So far it works great. If anyone is interested, you need to e-mail them first as they dont advertise motorcycle kits on their site. Dont forget to ask they about increasing the wire length.
Can you tell me the specifics as to what part number you purchased and what bulb.... I am working to get a set and would like all the specifics...thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
I dont know the part # but I e-mailed them and Antonio replied back. I asked for a motorcycle kit (1 bulb and 1 ballast). He will e-mail you back with a code to insert. Ask him to extend the wires at least 4ft. I ordered the 8000k bulb. I ordered about 3 weeks ago so he still remembers. It will take about 5 days to complete and at your door. If you put the ballast under the seat I would recommend using the fiberglass/aluminum heat shield material and cover the top and bottom of the ballast so it wont damage any plastic. The ballast gets really hot.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
lighting improvement

:flash: This is another thing mv can improve on ,on the new model.cheers

·
Registered
32 Posts
NFLPATS said:
I dont know the part # but I e-mailed them and Antonio replied back. I asked for a motorcycle kit (1 bulb and 1 ballast). He will e-mail you back with a code to insert. Ask him to extend the wires at least 4ft. I ordered the 8000k bulb. I ordered about 3 weeks ago so he still remembers. It will take about 5 days to complete and at your door. If you put the ballast under the seat I would recommend using the fiberglass/aluminum heat shield material and cover the top and bottom of the ballast so it wont damage any plastic. The ballast gets really hot.
Is your name Tobin Tracey? The reason I ask is because Antonio mentions that name who ordered the kit and I was wondering if it was you. If it was I can just say, send me what Tobin has....

Thanks

Christian

M

·
0 Posts
I hooked up my Brutale with HID's this weekend. Actually my bf did the technical work and i was his assistant. The bike looks great, and my night vision is a billion times better!

Here are some pics of "Operation let there be light".

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts