MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Vendor
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this has come up before but can someone suggest a compact and plug and play HID kit for my 1078 F4 please.
As far as I have read I need H3 globe,35 watts and 4200 or 6000K,is this correct? So what brand kit do I search for.

·
Vendor
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Ryan,do they do a kit for a MV or do I just order a universal kit.If so does the wiring plug straight in or do you have to cut and re-join wires.
It's OK,just being lazy.Got onto the ddmtuning website and read the info,so I ordered the 35W,4200K kit.Price is excellent,cost me more in shipping than the kit itself.lol

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
The only thing you might want to do is cut into or poke a hole through the rubber seal on the back of the housing and re-seal it. Otherwise the rubber cover wont come back on easily and will leak.

Sorry about the late reply, yeah its really easy. Most HID kids are "plug and play." The hardest part is mounting the ballast. I made a little bracket and squeezed mine behind (or in front of, depending on your leaning) the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
I know this has come up before but can someone suggest a compact and plug and play HID kit for my 1078 F4 please.
As far as I have read I need H3 globe,35 watts and 4200 or 6000K,is this correct? So what brand kit do I search for.
Did you confirm it is a H3 bulb

·
Super Moderator
22,332 Posts

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Chuck

The fairing stays you posted for the 312 are for a race fairing or will they work for the street fairing also and where did you get the set up in the pictures

·
Super Moderator
22,332 Posts
The fairing stay is race only. NO headlight.

I can remember just now where I got the HID Kit. I was at a bike show when I initially bought it.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
The fairing stay is race only. NO headlight.

I can remember just now where I got the HID Kit. I was at a bike show when I initially bought it.
I ordered a HID kit from DDM tuning. One thing I have never liked about the F4 is the way the fairing mounts with the 2 stalks that hold the mirrors

·
Super Moderator
22,332 Posts
That's one of my favorite parts of F4 disassembly. Simple and effective...although one must actually do what the book says and loosen the two bolts holding the mirrors first.

·
Super Moderator
22,332 Posts
No need for that. You simply loosen the two nuts each side holding the mirrors, remove the two hex bolts holding the stays at the base, stand in front and spread the fairing base a bit...pull off.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
No need for that. You simply loosen the two nuts each side holding the mirrors, remove the two hex bolts holding the stays at the base, stand in front and spread the fairing base a bit...pull off.
Mine is not that easy due to the aftermarket fairing. It was not molded exactly as the factory nose piece and the stays do not anchor properly due to it being at a slightly different angle so I anchor them first then put on the fairing and then the mirrors.

·
Super Moderator
22,332 Posts
^^^Gotcha!

Let us know how the DDM kit works out.

·
Super Moderator
22,332 Posts
I put my ballast in the fairing lower:

DSCN5855rTEXT.jpg

DSCN5856rTEXT.jpg

DSCN5857rTEXT.jpg

·
Vendor
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just fitted the DDM kit.The ballast fitted under the R/H fairing plate where the horn lives and I just velcroed the igniter to the inside of the air box tube,it all just fits.Wish the wires where a touch longer to make fitting a little easier.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts