MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello... is this thing on? *TAP* *TAP*

Waiting on my MV to get shipped!

Had a heck of a time trying to get the e-mail confirmation thing. I reset my password and then it worked... either that or an admin took pity on me :)

Anyway, howdy all, looking forward to riding my brutale soon. :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hello and welcome to the family. Congrats on the purchase. Please post your impressions after a few rides

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
G'Day, I'll say hello. Looks like the States are in Thanksgiving meltdown.
Welcome, you will love the Brutale, probably one of the best machines ever built.
Hey I notice you have a Tuono too. Why do you want 2 (serious) nakeds?
I have some mates with Tuonos and it's great having a run with them on the Brutale.

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Welcome! I know what you mean about the wait for a new bike. With any luck, I'll only have a couple more weeks to wait!

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Welcome to the site! Yes, i took pity on you but i am willing to help anyone out who wishes to join the forum!!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
HI Welcome. I have just seen the Tuono factory and it looks a beast. I was thinking of getting one as my second bike but the Tuono does not get good reviews in the press over here (when I say not good usually 2nd or 3rd in tests which sounds pretty really)

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Nice to have another member on board, :) don't forget to post plenty of pics of your bike when it arrives. :flash:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. :)

Greg Albert said:
Why do you want 2 (serious) nakeds?
All my bikes are naked! hehe
I wanted an Italian V2 and an I4.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The red tuono is a riding buddy's. This was after we made a Tulsa run last Sunday... So both bikes are pretty dirty. The Brutale has about 300 miles on it in these pics.

Here is a walk around.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have some more pics coming from today's ride as well.... The Brutale now has 965 miles on it. hehe

The front part of the cans are now starting to turn purple too.

A few observations:
1. The mirrors are horrible. They buzz at certain RPMs so you can hear them while going down the highway. They vibrate so you really cant use them much.
2. The throttle really is sensitive at small throttle openings making slow turns an exercise in very fine throttle control.
3. The bike really is tiny (which I like) compared to a Tuono, and the ergos reminds me of a dirtbike.
4. The intake roar at full throttle is quite lovely to listen to.
5. Going down the highway, I am constantly trying to shift into 7th gear. The gearing seems to be geared lower than my Tuono with 15/42 gearing. Although I think it is just the sound of the engine that makes it seem that way.

The tuono is much more spread out, especially with clipons.
At 300 miles, I had a hard time with curves. I had to really push the bars to get it to remain cranked over... The bike just wanted to stand up.
At 965 miles it is really starting to handle curves nicely. I don't need to push the bars anywhere near like I did at 300 miles.

With moto bars this bike handles curves better than a Tuono set up the same. Although it cant beat a Tuono with clipons in curves. The front end has much more feel than the Tuono did (with stock bars) when cranked over in a curve.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
t1n0m3n said:
5. Going down the highway, I am constantly trying to shift into 7th gear. The gearing seems to be geared lower than my Tuono with 15/42 gearing. Although I think it is just the sound of the engine that makes it seem that way.
you are right
BUT....
the GOOD thing about this "gearing" issue
you can WHACK the throttle in 6th gear at 50mph..... and she'll STILL take off like a scalded cat.... and i LOVE that

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I think the gearing is perfect. I spent money to get the Tuono geared like this. hehe

I think me searching for 7th gear is just a mental thing coming from a V2 going to an I4. The Brutale just sounds so... frantic... at highway speeds, but it is turning about the same RPM as the Tuono (stock Tuono is 17/42, mine is 15/42)

I am waiting on the internet to ship me pics of today's ride. The guy I rode with today zipped them up and it was about 20 Meg e-mail attachment. I will chop them down and clean them up and then post them in an hour or so.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Here is the route that we went today:
Please excuse my crude MS Paint skills!
This trip is a loop heading SouthWest from OKC.

Here are some of the pictures taken along the way:

Nasty gas station in Chickasha. Testing out my photo taking skills. Due to the camera and the sun, it was rather difficult taking pictures today.

I think the white car was dealing drugs to the clerk inside the store. They were acting awfully funny!

The hill in the background is, I believe, Mt Scott looking at it at the intersection of 58 and Meers Porter Hill Road.

Closer. Imagine the barn below is just to the right of this pic.

Barn near Lake Lawtonka, this is a pan right of the two other Lawtonka pics above.

This is where we ate lunch in that building on the left with the trees growing out of it. I had pork chops, salad, and steamed veggies. It was really good.

I have to say... Medicine Park is a really weird town. The last two pics are literally a pic looking down at the shops and turn around and take a pic at the weird little houses above us.

We head to Mt Scott, in the route map above, it is the "9" looking road between the word Medicine Park and the "49" road marker. We went up, then back down.

Yours truly, cheesin on my Brutale. This was on the way up Mt Scott

Top of Mt Scott. I wanted to get a pic a little more panned right, but there were a bunch of people standing in the way.

Aww! A lovey dovey couple in a hallmark moment. There were actually quite a few people on top of this "Mountain" today.

See that metal fence post leaning left? Its above and to the left of the FZ1's fairing??
I peed on that.

There are tons of these things producing electric in Oklahoma now.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Let us know how you like your baby once it is home with you.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I am gonna re-host the pics on this site from my album. As soon as it gets approved I will convert the pics over. :)

EDIT: all done

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Looks great!

Hey are there oklahoma forums for OKC? We met some OKC bikers in Arkansas a couple of months back and I lost their contact info. All cops and all on sportbikes, they rode with us for a day. I could probably find a photo: ZX12, CBR1000RR, FZ1, and a couple of others?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts