MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself.
Having crashed and written off my Benelli TNT Sport Evo on New Years Eve, I'm awaiting delivery of a 2009 Brutale 1078RR.
I live in Perth, Western Australia, and the bike is coming from Byron Bay in New South Wales.
I still have another couple of weeks to wait until it arrives. It is stock standard, so I'm looking forward to making it a little more individual.
I'm looking first at an HP Corse Hydroform slip on muffler as I think they look great. Was planning on then getting Powercommander V and getting dyno tune.
Is that the way to go to get the best out of it, or is there something unique to the Brutale, that would yield better results?
I'll only ever be riding one up. What would you suggest is the best rear seat cowl?
Joules

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Welcome Joules

Great bike mate, hope you have a ball on her, and hope to see you up at the Track sometime. :naughty:

Bang for the buck is great on the PC 5 or if you want to go the extra mile the Microtec is my re-commendation, you pay more, but you get much more. It all really depends on how many things you would like to fiddle with.

Look towards the site sponsors in the marketplace for carbon and Ti parts.
Give us a call anytime if you have questions.:yo:

·
Super Moderator
22,844 Posts
Welcome abroad! (International Pun Intended)

·
Registered
871 Posts
I have that bike and I went that route. Very quick breakdown to do it right. If you are going to get a PC V and use the maps on their site. They have been written for that bike but with a de-cat system. It will not be anything close to inexpensive but doing things right rarely is. So plan on a full system, if you go PC V, add the MV Race ecu (from Evolution, best price) before you dyno for fine tuning, have throttles sync'd, THEN dyno tune=perfect bike. OR full exhaust system + Microtec + Dyno fine tune= Perfect bike. Either way, plan on about a $1200 total investment PLUS whatever exhaust you do. I did the MV Ti Full Race Exhaust. PC V route will still be a bit cheaper depending on how much you'll be charged to fine tune on the Dyno and throttle sync. Race ECU+PC V=$650 in the US. So my total bill for everything was $950 + exhaust system. So still less than the Microtec which starts at $1000+ before any fine tuning. Seat cowl=whatever looks good to you, I'll pick up a Carbon one since everything else on the bike is Carbon. Good luck. Oh, if you do the PC V and stock ecu and stock exhaust, it will run like garbage and won't be worth it.

·
Registered
386 Posts
So will your brutale have dread locks. Lol.. Mate i just got home from a 3 day bucks party at Byron bay, feeling very sorry for my self atm. shit thats a crazy town.
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Welcome! We used to have a bunch of regular WA posters here, but they seem to have drifted away. I miss the WA group.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Welcome to the club :yo:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Joules.

You will find plenty of useful info here and a helpful bunch of people.

A few of us on the East Coast have had Microtec fitted or finetuned last week by Chris the guru who was visiting from the UK. Check recent threads, in particular under the General, Brutale (dyno) and F4 sections for relevant feedback.
Cheers.

Michel

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Welcome Joules,jchaplin4 is correct,either pc5 or microtec,do a search on the forum on both,plenty of stuff here.enjoy.:brutale:
cheers eddy

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey. Thanks everyone for your welcomes and advice. Arranged the collection of the 1078 from Byron Bay today. If all the plans come together I could see her in Perth next Wednesday.
Going to keep her pretty standard for a bit so that I can appreciate the changes more when I make them

·
Registered
871 Posts
I didn't change anything for a whole summer, but since it isn't a thing you can piece together over time, kinda needs to be done all at once, I made it my winter project. Whichever way you choose, it'll be a lot of work, expensive and worth it. So research and decide and stick to it. The ecu was the toughest thing for me to switch, unless it fries, I'm never changing it again. :) there are a lot of guys on here who have done both, some have had the ability to compare the 2, I have not. I am happy with PC V+ecu, If I knew what I know now before I bought the first part, would I get a Microtec? Probably.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Welcome to the forum Joules.
Let us all know when your beast arrives on the West Coast.

·
Registered
14,676 Posts
Welcome

Welcome aboard the Forum Joules....... great people

skip the PC-V
get a MicroTec from X81, Chris

it does 10 times what a race ECU and PC-V will do.......

sorry, Jason, i have never seen a PC map worth down loading, and thats with 100,000+ miles of watching fueling in realtime......yes, all my bikes have lambda meters installed

1 - 18 of 18 Posts