MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would say hello. I have migrated from Ducati across to MV and yesterday took delivery of a new Brutale 800 courtesy of Paul and the gang at Bennetts. I rode a Brutale about two years ago and couldn't wait to give it back. But this new Brutale, boy what a brilliant thing. Not only a thing of beauty but also an awesome ride. I took some time test riding the dragster and rivale both arguably better looking than the straight Brutale but neither can match its comfort and sheer ride ability. The engine is a beast and you only have to look at a corner to get it to turn. I loved my Ducati Streetfighter and won't hesitate to buy another but the Brutale just has everything you would want from a street bike. So thank you Bennetts for being patient and accommodating while I test rode and rode, then rode again. It has been a pleasure dealing with you. Thank you MV for being different and exotic and oh so exciting. Got to love those Italians.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. When I bought mine last year, demos were few and far between so I had to purchase mine just on the basis of sitting on it in the showroom but that was good enough for me ;)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I think you will find that many here had or still have a Ducati, I like to keep one around if I can.
The B3 800 has impressed a lot of us thats for sure.:f4:
Congrats on the new horse.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Welcome along. I know what you mean too. I had to pressure Red Baron to get a demo in. They had new Dragster and Italia, but would only let me ride the B3 675. I told them I wasn't buying till I'd ridden it as I needed to be sure it would work as a commuter. They finally relented and got one in, but it took me a few rides to be satisfied - and one of those was in full-on rush hour traffic. With mine i still took a while to get used to it, but now I just love riding it every day.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Welcome and it goes without saying... Enjoy!! :smoking:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone Part II

Hi there,

I thought I'd tag along on this thread and say "Hi" too.
I got my Brutale 800 back in April, coming from a Street Triple R.
After doing the Daytona cam swap on the Street Triple the step-up in performance is not huge (plus lowered gearing). While I'm loving every minute of it, and one would think the B3 has plenty of power, but I can't get the thought of those F3 800 cams out of my head. :naughty:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Comfort issues

So just done my first 200 mile day on the 800 Brutale, mix of mainly twisties but also a fair chunk of motorway. I am worried. Don't get me wrong the bike is brilliant in the twisties, fantastic power, confidence inspiring handling but....I was in pain. My arse hurt, my right hand was numb a lot of the time and I simply could not wait to get off the bike after the final 30 miles of motorway. I don't accept that I can't change a few things to improve the comfort. Put gel in the seat check, but can anyone advise me on grip alternatives, suspension settings, maybe even rear sets that can help. Supposed to taking her to Europe in a few weeks, so any advice would be much appreciated. The thought of this bike in the Alps utterly excites me but the ride there really does worry me.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Errr yeah, get a van :laughing:

Check out the suspension thread that has settings in it that I used on mine, doesn't improve comfort but does make it better over the bumps. Other than that I think a gel seat and maybe foam grips might help?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Funny you should mention the van. It is an option already under consideration. Below are your suspension settings. Now I know I sound an idiot but are these, for example, further turns in or out from where they are now, as the bike was delivered. Or is there some other starting point.

Preload front and rear left as standard, the adjustment needed was so small it really wasn't worth it.

Front:
Compression - 1.5 turns out
Rebound - 0.25 turns out

Rear:
Compression - 3 turns out
Rebound - 1.5 turns out

·
Registered
216 Posts
x2 with what Donsy mentioned. Squeeze the legs and let the lower body hang on tight so the arms do not have to.

I am interested to see what route you go with the seat! Have fun!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I understand your pain. I can't stop holding on too tight either. I loosen of, but then as soon as I start concentrating on riding again my grip tightens up.

·
Registered
181 Posts
If you don't have it, get the comfort seat. It's worth it. The factory one is rubbish.

I too get numb fingers all the time. I was thinking on getting the Cramp buster for the throttle grip. I just try to remain loose and wiggle my arms every now and then.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I thought the seat was really hard when I first sat on it. But I don't notice it now and find I can ride longer than I could with the plusher seat on my Fazer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Comfort

Thanks, guys. I am gonna keep trying. Maybe I'm just looking for a short cut through a natural settling in process. Gonna put some gel in that seat though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you don't have it, get the comfort seat. It's worth it. The factory one is rubbish.

I too get numb fingers all the time. I was thinking on getting the Cramp buster for the throttle grip. I just try to remain loose and wiggle my arms every now and then.
Where do you get the comfort seat

1 - 20 of 23 Posts