MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals,

So I have no clue how to use forums really and not sure if people will even see this. But I have a 2003 MV Agusta F4 750 S 1+1 with nonfunctioning turn signals. All I did was replace the battery and remove a wrap I had on it so I removed all the fairings and put them back together. Now that I have all the fairings back on and new battery installed, all four turn signals including the turn signal indicator stopped working. I have no idea what I did wrong I made sure to put everything back together properly. I don't wanna go to a mechanic just for that so if anyone has any idea what could be the problem I'd sure like to know.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,933 Posts
It's likely the contacts at the electric plate. It's the metal plate that you screw the 2 bolts at an angle into when you put the nose on. Try some contact cleaner and dielectric grease.

·
Administrator
20,776 Posts
Welcome to the family !!! Where in the world are you? Please add that info to your profile.

As MV Arthur said, probably the contacts on the front signals. They can be a bit fiddly..... but usually that only affects the front.

There is an intermittancy relay (the flasher unit) that power goes through and then to the handlebar switch and indicator..... that would be a good place to start.

You can find your manuals here:

Team Double 3 Racing | MV Agusta

Give Donsy a big Thank You for his hard work.

Reactions: Carrera

·
Super Moderator
22,871 Posts
It is the nose section as MV Arthur alluded to.

The issue is the sequence of restoration. Removal of the nose first requires the loosening of the mirror stalk bolt...not removal...just loosening.

When restoring the front nose fairing, the fairing stalks must first be properly seated in the indentations for the stalks, then the long bolt is tightened up, WHILE OPERATING THE TURN SIGNAL ON THAT SIDE, just until the turn signal properly flashes. Then you do the other side.

There are many people who just yank the front off without loosening the mirror bolts as the manual says and end up with issues later.

Care is the key.

If those spring loaded connectors in the base of the stalks do not make up correctly, the circuit is broken and your signals will not work.

·
Registered
7,834 Posts
As said with the front signals. I turn them on. Tighten the long bolt until the signals starts to work, usually the bolt is not tight so I keep going until the signal stops working. Then I back the bolt up until the signal starts again. Then I do this for the other side.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone!

Thanks everybody I'll definitely go back and carefully check the nose fairing stalks connections.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts