MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Soo....about two weeks ago I started feeling my back tire start to slip when I would go around corners, which I began to credit to the ever-dwindling tread on my back tire. After my back rotor started to grind up against my swing arm, I knew it couldn't be my tread, and after a call to Denver Ducati (we live on the other side of the country, but have visited their 2-story dealership before and figured that would be a good place to ask), found out that my wheel hub is screwed,:banghead: , which is something that seems to have happened to a lot of people on this forum. One of our friends knows a guy with Redline Performance in Richmond, who says that he can machine the hub out and fix it(not sure exactly how it's supposed to work but he seems like he knows what he's doing lol). Anyway we got the hub out, which wasn't too bad, but the big problem is we had no stand (normal stands don't work with the exhaust in the way) so this was our solution........Think it will hurt anything? It will probably be like this for the next 2 weeks or more, so I'm just trying to figure out if I should do anything else while it's in "storage" ha..................My Poor MV
[/IMG]

https://picasaweb.google.com/108626979045819830110/MyMVAgustaBrutaleAndTriumphDaytona600#5672088737894620722

https://picasaweb.google.com/108626979045819830110/MyMVAgustaBrutaleAndTriumphDaytona600#5672088718720394690

https://picasaweb.google.com/108626979045819830110/MyMVAgustaBrutaleAndTriumphDaytona600#5672088697560116866

https://picasaweb.google.com/108626979045819830110/MyMVAgustaBrutaleAndTriumphDaytona600#5672088932199918338

https://picasaweb.google.com/108626979045819830110/MyMVAgustaBrutaleAndTriumphDaytona600#5672088939924281410

(Sorry for the links I can't get the attachments to work with Picasa!)

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Couple of questions...: Is that cat dead in the pic?, also how the fuck did you get your MV on the chairs? ahahhahaha.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Couple of questions...: Is that cat dead in the pic?, also how the fuck did you get your MV on the chairs? ahahhahaha.
Hahaha well 1) A dead cat has a more active lifestyle than that one and 2) they're chairs from an Crystler Van, and with 3 people a Brutale is surprisingly light, lol

·
Vendor
5,407 Posts
Never seen anything like it,I am gobsmacked.Good luck on machining the hub they are weak enough from the factory let alone taking more metal out of them,Mitch.

·
Registered
14,563 Posts
another hub

how much do they want to fix it?

if you chewed it back to the external snap ring groove, they'll have to weld it back up and remachine it back to stock.....the original contour is important or the brake carrier bolts will remachine it for you:stickpoke

the internal snap ring doesn't matter, the carrier nut keeps it together:stickpoke

if you want another hub and a new bearing PM me:)

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
And the guys laughed at my wheel jack and baseball bat,this tops it,great mv tools.lol:stickpoke

cheers eddy

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And the guys laughed at my wheel jack and baseball bat,this tops it,great mv tools.lol:stickpoke

cheers eddy
ha, hey, not all of us can be italian. I'm not sure how much he's going to charge me, but they said it would be less than the $900+ MV alternative. Your fix looks really nice too, I'm just going to try this first and see how it turns out. Here's what the wheel hub looks like, doesn't look that bad to me really, but when you shake it sounds kind of like a bad lightbulb, which can't be good....also the bearing fell out all over the floor lol

https://picasaweb.google.com/108626979045819830110/MyMVAgustaBrutaleAndTriumphDaytona600#5672115447607319602

https://picasaweb.google.com/108626979045819830110/MyMVAgustaBrutaleAndTriumphDaytona600#5672115440537838402

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
crikey ,mitch,thankgod your in brisabne,keeping an eye on mine,still seems ok,but just in case I have the double bed ready.lol:smoking:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
crikey ,mitch,thankgod your in brisabne,keeping an eye on mine,still seems ok,but just in case I have the double bed ready.lol:smoking:
Take notes Aussies, THIS IS HOW WE FIX THEM THURR MV's DOWN SOUTH IN USA!!:lightning

btw, how come I only see Americans and Australians on this forum? Are we like MV's only customers? lol

·
Vendor
5,407 Posts
Those pics are the needle roller side,have you got pics of the other side of the hub.Also how are you going to watch TV when your bikes sitting on your chairs,Mitch.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those pics are the needle roller side,have you got pics of the other side of the hub.Also how are you going to watch TV when your bikes sitting on your chairs,Mitch.
The Hub's in another building in my garage down the road, I'll try and take some pics of it tomorrow (its 12:47 AM here). And Don't worry about the chair shortage, we actually have 5 more leather seats from another van believe-it-or-not, lol.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
The Hub's in another building in my garage down the road, I'll try and take some pics of it tomorrow (its 12:47 AM here). And Don't worry about the chair shortage, we actually have 5 more leather seats from another van believe-it-or-not, lol.
Yes,thats what we need more pics of the sofa,now just be careful not to loose anyparts down the sofa cracks,We have the english on here,but they have an issue with our MV tools.No wonder they sent us over on the boats.:hitit:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes,thats what we need more pics of the sofa,now just be careful not to loose anyparts down the sofa cracks,We have the english on here,but they have an issue with our MV tools.No wonder they sent us over on the boats.:hitit:
Haha yeah I guess we both are just england's outcasts, but to be fair, our boats were a little more spacious, and with less bars if you get what I mean lol. :smoking:

Your women might be hotter though, mostly because of the accents, (and maybe the attitude, or the smaller population of Walrus-lookalikes) but I've never met an Australian girl yet, so I can't really say......maybe I should just go and check it out for myself?? :naughty::naughty:Then again they might not like Americans......I hear were not that popular overseas lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
do not mess around trying to repair the hub see if you can get one of mitchys hubs you will not be dissapointed
roger

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wow, that was painful...each pic made me cringe
Imagine how I feel lol, although if you think that's bad you should have seen it at first, it was almost laid down completely on its side haha, I thought hmm let's get it more upright.......

And About Mitch's Hub it looks really nice but we already sent out the original hub to be worked on (I'm hoping it's under $500) and see how this turns out first....I'm a poor college student so I'm going for the cheapest alternative first lol. It's really awesome though to have a forum full of people who know what they're doing............You guys don't think this will actually hurt anything (oil in the engine, etc) do you?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
keep it upright,and put another cushion at the back?:lightning
Hmmm I'm afraid that if I set it up anymore upright, it could fall over lol,we did put a old fluffy coat at the back though so thats sort of like a pillow........ :brutale:

All the parts out are giving me time to clean stuff though, my exhaust has never been cleaner :) I wonder what the best polish for aluminum is.......

·
Registered
14,563 Posts
hub fuckups

Mitch, the 3810 pictures were in post #7:stickpoke

Biezestreet;
you have 2 choices;
the 1st was in post #5 do you need another stock hub?......obviously you need another 3810 bearing too:)

the second is, do you need a real hub, one from Mitch?......PM me

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mitch, the 3810 pictures were in post #7:stickpoke

Biezestreet;
you have 2 choices;
the 1st was in post #5 do you need another stock hub?......obviously you need another 3810 bearing too:)

the second is, do you need a real hub, one from Mitch?......PM me
As I understand it, we have sent the messed up Hub to this guy a couple hours away, who I'm will do something magical to it and fix it; So I'm going to see if that works first. (I hope it will lol)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts