MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the offer for my once pristine 1,440 mile SPR is:

$15,750

I nearly fell off my seat. The insurance guy stated that it was a very hard motorcycle to value. I asked him then how did they come up with the figure and he advised that they got quotes or actual prices from 3 dealers that had sold a 2004 MV.

I asked if the quotes/prices were for an SPR and all he said was that it was for a F4 and that he didn't know anything about them.

I asked what I could do and he said if I could provide some form of evidence that the bike was actually worth more then they would consider it.

So I am now going to be doing some surfing and making some phone calls to compile a jusitification to make my case.

This is where you guys come in - are any of you out there actually dealers or have contact to dealers who might be able to provide a valuation for the bike? Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
367 Posts
SPR's in Australia:

http://www.bikepoint.com.au/DesktopDefault.aspx?UsedBikeID=1601806&TabID=3424&Alias=bikepointau

These next ones are close to where I live, so if you need me ot do anything let me know.

http://www.bikepoint.com.au/DesktopDefault.aspx?UsedBikeID=1150113&TabID=3424&Alias=bikepointau
http://www.bikepoint.com.au/DesktopDefault.aspx?UsedBikeID=1150282&TabID=3424&Alias=bikepointau

Looks like Special Edition bikes, would be a problem in this senario. If it were your own insurance company it shouldn't have been an issue.

Jonathan

·
Registered
23 Posts
mifizzie said:
Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.
I have no idea, if it´s a help, because the SPRs are worldwide as often available as my Senna. Not too often.
In Germany there is an offer for a preowned SPR since weeks. They will ship it, if you are interested. Maybe not to US :bawling:
But the ad gives some orientation.....
pre-owned SPR

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jonathan - appreciate you taking time out. I have just submitted my case to them with with a quote from a local (authorized MV) dealer, who they didn't approach for some reason, and I am now awaiting a response. I will post their response on receipt.

BTW for those interested the insurance company said they would let me keep it for 38% of the value they finally offer me so at the current $15,750 that's $5,985!!!

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Seems to me it all depend on what you want to do with the bike... buy it or take the money.

6k for it is not bad at all IMHO, if you don't mind dealing with parting/selling it, or rebuilding it.

Call Pro Italia 818 249 5707 next Tuesday, I believe they can give you some hard numbers, ask for Samson or Jake and just tell them you are from the forum and I am sure they will help you out.

Jskipper bought a SPR from them earlier this year, I think for about 20k? don't remember it exactly...

good luck!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Try to find some used ones, even worldwide.

Mine is a salvage title bike, and I bought it for less than they're offering, so I can't help you.

Maybe call some dealers and get the invoices from the ones they last sold used?

Honestly though, I doubt you're going to get too much more than that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Recthstager - you're a God send. This has done approx. 2,500 m and is on sale for 18,500 Euros. At todays exchange rate of 0.7832 Euros to the $ that's $23,621!!!

Cheers
Mick

·
Registered
23 Posts
I agree completely. As I mentioned, it´s just an orientation.
You can compare the German prices from the web-sites of dealers or MV to the US.
The German IVA is currently 16% and INCLUDED.
Unfortunately the prices in Germany are normally higher than in US :barfalot:
Maybe this is special offer is also a little high, because I´m watching it since some weeks. But generally spoken, the prices for f4 750s are horrible. It´s no fun to sell a 750 today.
Chin up!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes guys I agree the markets vary significantly but the bottom line is that $19.5k seems reasonable and $15.75k is certainly not. All this information is very helpful indeed in supporting the basis of my counter offer.

Hopefully Monday will bring some better news.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
If they offer you $22K for it...take it and run. A used SPR, although it's an extremely awesome and rare bike, I dunno many who would buy a 750 SPR now when the liters are available. If I had money, I would, for the exclusivity, and as a collectible. But insurance companies are out for thier own well being...and $22K, is reasonable...

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
The best thing you can do is get an authorised dealer to write a letter confirming the retail price new and the estimated used value for your bike with mileage, etc. Get them to write your VIN number in the letter stating that yours is a genuine example of the SPR model. (They can cover themselves by simply stating that a pristine example would fetch this price, therefore don't need to get involved in actual evaluation.)

Si

·
Registered
360 Posts
Someone just posted that SPR #125 is up for sale. From the sound of it, its almost in the same condition as yours pre-mishap. Save the hassle of negotiating a payout with your insurers and just tell them to buy the replacement for you.....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Troz, thanks. The owner of #125 actually lives only 180 miles away from me in Michigan. He sent me photos of his bike and it is very nice indeed. It would be nice if the insurance would do what you suggest for me but I fear not.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts