MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my Hepco and Becker lugage set. Damn that stuff is built to last, realy stirdy construction and good quality bags. Only thing i don't like are the rear mounting brackets which in all fairness have to stay on. They are fitted on the same mounts as the tail tidy. And i don't like the mounting on the front, they attach to the passenger pegs. I have been banging my head against the wall to find an idea to easely fit/remove the passenger pegs but couldn't find the solution.

So the 2kg wheiging passenger pegs need to stay as i'm not willing to remove the underseat everytime i'm going on a trip. Now i'm looking for a way to nice'n them up. What do you guys think about a red frame for the frame that holds the pegs. Keep in mind my rear wheel is already red. And black powdercoated pegs?

·
Super Moderator
22,045 Posts
Lacsap, I think this will require photos.......

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Lacsap, I think this will require photos.......
I will, tomorrow. Fitted it today, labels were fitted the wrong way so it took a while to figure it out. I need to buy some new bolts as the bolts that come with the kit are a bit to long for my taste.

Fitting it to go on a holiday will take me about 10 minutes. Passenger pegs have to come off and refitted with the frame in place. And the rack has to be bolted to a mounting bracket underneath the tail tidy. All in all 6 bolts. Keep in mind that's when keeping the passenger frame on the bike. If you need to fit that it could easely take you half an hour.

I'm going to bend part of the frame to give me some more clearance between the bags and the fairing. Now 2cm on the right and 0.5 cm on the left. I'll bend it to get 3cm on each side, just to make sure nothing touches.

I'm currently looking into a solution that keeps the c-bow on which the bags are mounted and get rid of the frame. Underneath the seat there are grips where you can lift the bike. I might bolt a frame on there so i can fit/remove the system in just one minute and get rid of the passenger frame and mounting bracket underneath the tail tidy.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And three more mods on the way.
- Redesigned CNC racing tailtidy which is a bit stronger. (eta 1 week)
- Bonamici rear set. (eta 2 weeks)
- FM Projects exhaust, wanted a Zero but made a good deal on a second hand FM Projects. (eta 1 week)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts