MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally had my day in court Tuesday morning August 29th at 9:30 am. § 46.2-862 Exceeding speed limit (99 in a 65 mph zone). Henrico General District Court vs. Dunlop = The honorable Judge fines me $300 for reckless driving plus court costs of $96 and suspends/revokes my license for 30 days and held me up there until 4:00 pm that day.

So who wants to go for a bicycle ride (only valid until September 28th)?
To my lawyer - :yo: (We're not worthy with Wayne/Garth voices)

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
MV-999R said:
Great news :yo: considering i was thinking you were in jail :toothless

i think that was kind of harsh... only 34 miles over limit...

and license suspention...fine, + points...

man, I feel for your insurance premiums..

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Read it and weep ...

§ 46.2-862 Exceeding speed limit =
In Virginia reckless driving is a Class 1 misdemeanor - in the same classification as a DWI charge.
As stated in Virginia Code, the penalty for reckless driving is up to one year in jail, and/or up to $2,500 in fines. Reckless driving also carries the possibility of suspension/revokation of driving privileges for up to 6 months. A conviction for reckless driving carries with it six (-6) demerit points as assessed by the DMV in Virginia. In addition, you could be arrested and have your car impounded at the discretion of the police officer for committing this offense. To save time, most officers bind you to show in court through your signature on your ticket.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
F^(K Virginia!

spalding12 said:
had you been in that courtroom before?
what was your driving record PREVIOUS to this infraction
there must have been some PAST history of similar issues to get that kind of harsh fine..... no?
I'm just saying that THIS punishment does NOT fit THIS crime
Never in any courtroom before
One moving violation a year ago in Portsmouth, VA
No past history of similar incidents, EVER
No this punishment does not fit - Welcome to Virginia!

The normal punishment in this case is 4-5 days in jail, $500 fine and either three or six months with a suspended license (to and from work/school/or medical facilities)!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts