MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi folks new member just like to say great site very informative,hoping to purchase my new bike soon :yo: :yo: BRUTALE910R .but have read some real horror stories any feed back many thanks.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Welcome to the forum! What can I say, the Brutale, and really any MV is not for everyone. Mine has nasty, firey attitude, with the looks and performance to back it up. Its an experience all to itself. If you are a new rider, I dont suggest this bike to start out with. But if you have been around the block, it a smile machine, and will occasionaly make me shit myself too.

·
Registered
350 Posts
What ever little things you might read are nothing. have you rode a 910 yet its the best, baddest, ETC bike i ever rode and i have had over 20 sport bikes.

·
Registered
417 Posts
its the best thing since sliced bread ill tell you,yes it has some faults,but ill live with them for the ride it give you and the smiles you have when riding .Where you from saying pounds iam south UK Bournmouth.

·
Registered
822 Posts
hooper said:
water leaks ,electrics,bits falling off just dont expect that from a 12,000 pound bike
You're right, there are some nuiances that just dont seem right for what you are paying. Fortunaltey, they all are simple fixes, most covered by warranty.

I had some electrical gremlins, turned out to be turn signal fuses. I was more suprised at the fact that the bike still used fuses for its turnsignals, than that being the problem.

Regardless, quality control is certianly up from the earlier models, some of us have not had any problems at all with their bikes. I have come to understand these irregularites as part of the "italian experience". One good ride on the bike clears up any lurking suspicion that I didnt get what i paid for, its all there.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Look at any motorcycle message board. Most of the threads seem to be about problems people are having with their bikes. Typically, people only post when they have problems and need help or want to complain. Now, check out this board. Not alot of threads about issues, mostly people praising the bikes and talking about new bits to put on their bikes.
These bikes are not perfect, but I believe they are as reliable as anything out there and a lot more fun to ride.

·
Registered
195 Posts
hooper said:
hi folks new member just like to say great site very informative,hoping to purchase my new bike soon :yo: :yo: BRUTALE910R .but have read some real horror stories any feed back many thanks.
Not a single problem with my 910. One thing reported in every press write up on the Brutale 910 was the outstanding fit and finish. It's is the best put-together bike I've ever had. I don't aniticipate any problems with my bike.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'll second that, not a single problem. Fit and finish that puts every other make to shame. Take a test ride and roll left and right through a high speed twisty section then cruise a freeway and turn the grip. Believe it, you will never again consider anything else. You won't even be upset with the sticker shock.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all your advice guys,heno42666 answer to your question i live in farnborough hampshire,the bike is stunning beats anything else outhere but just needed second opinion.

·
Registered
417 Posts
when i purchased my 910R ,i allso was supplied a mv cover,hard wiring for optimizer and the optimizer,good deal on a couple of pieces of carbon,very good deal on helmet gloves ect and alarm,cant fault them on sales or help at that first stage.I did have a run in with the head fitter on first service about the checking of the valves,but apart from that 3X are 1st class,allso bought my Triumph from them.I live about 15 miles away in Bournemouth pop down when you get it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cheers spoken to mark said he can get me one at end of march cant wait ,take u up on that offer, how do you find service costs how much and how frequent. have heard that you get stand with bike, what else.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I forgot, yes i got the rear stand as well,stand came with bike,Mark sorted me the other things.First sevice cost me £466 (its a big one not like the jap bike oil change)but i did have a run in about checking the valves by compretion test and not feelers,but this is how other dealers do it and they are never out of gap so i let it go 3X can you you a courtesy bike ( you would have it serviced near your home woulnt you).I dont think its going to be a cheap bike to maintain,but theres no way iam letting this bike go,allso the exhaust issue i only got the headers,mid pipe and chip, not the complete system that was said at time of purchase,but if you look in here thats a subject on its own.But i got £100 off my helmet £40 off my gloves ect,so just try and budget all your extras on day of purchase and they will see you ok at 3X.Pop round any time pm me for my address,I got loads of carbon from emoto fitted ,steering damper ect,it looks the dogs bollocks.

·
Registered
417 Posts
i keep meaning to put some pics on here ,i just remember being over 3X couple of weeks ago they had 910R in show room ,did they say they go to get one in for you,i remember waiting for mine, on edge for weeks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts