MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3,400 miles only...started "missfiring", "skipping", a la "fuel starvation" or intermittent "ignition"...stopped, opened gas cap, let it "ventilate" for a minute...continued as nothing had happened until it happened again...same thing, opened gas cap...etc., etc.

Any thoughts? Any similar experience out there?

Thanks!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Sounds like the tank vent line is plugged or pinched under the tank. When the fuel tank can't vent, a partial vacuum is formed as the fuel is pumped out resulting in fuel starvation. I've seen tanks collapse from this.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When it dies, even if I wait a few minutes, it will not run for very long until I opened the cap for a bit. Then it runs well for a while until it happens again.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went out again yesterday...terrible...seems to be getting worse...will be going to the dealer tomorrow...close to 100 miles away...wish me luck!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
PM me if you want to take it apart yourself. Isn't there an MV dealer in Miami, closer to 20mi from Planation than 100 isn't it?

MV Agusta Miami
2001 NW 167th St.
Miami Gardens FL 33056
Phone: 305-625-2453
Fax: 305-625-2494
Email: [email protected]

All you'll potentially need is some fuel injection hose from autozone, (4) 100% stainless hose clamps and an O-ring for the fuel pump flange (also from ducati 748/st4/996/998) to eliminate the vent hoses from possibility. You are probably still under warranty but taking it apart may be easier than travelling that far (if you'd really have to go 200mi round trip).

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tks...correct, that is the Dealer, however, I am in Key Largo at this time...otherwise, the ride would be much closer as I live in Plantation, 20 minutes away from DucatiMiami. Given that the bike is still covered under Warranty, I rather take it to them and let them deal with the problem.

Tks for the info and the best wishes on the ride!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Made it ok yesterdary...had to stop two times on the way...also, bike shut down once as I was approaching a toll but, otherwise, the ride was ok.

Expecting to hear from them today.

Good weekend!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bike is back in great order...something about a "diaphram" in the gas cap that was stuck...also, some settings in the "brain" unit were off...but, terrific service, prompt and accurate, as always, from DucatiMiami. The chief there, Rudolph, is a pleasure to deal with, knows his stuff and is very, very customer oriented.

All is well!

·
Registered
142 Posts
k1200gt said:
Bike is back in great order...something about a "diaphram" in the gas cap that was stuck...also, some settings in the "brain" unit were off...but, terrific service, prompt and accurate, as always, from DucatiMiami. The chief there, Rudolph, is a pleasure to deal with, knows his stuff and is very, very customer oriented.

All is well!
Good!

Did you pay something? Or it was covered for the warranty

1 - 14 of 14 Posts