MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum. I'm a Daytona 675 rider. I found a 2003 monopisto 750 here in town. Only 2300 miles. I know nothing about these other than it beautiful. Help. He's asking 8.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Hi mate, welcome to the forum.
It will help if we knew where you are ? If it's USA, I think 8k is a bit steep for a 03, other will be along to comment I'm sure.
Have a read through the forum, lotsa info, both good and not so good to be had.

·
Super Moderator
22,648 Posts
Where in the USA? There are people who may be close enough to take a look with you, or for you.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
I paid more than 8 for my 2002 that was stock. Condition plays a huge part in what a bike is really worth. Yes you can pick up some well used examples for 6K but would you even want that bike?

If it's in good shape 8K is quite reasonable.

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
I agree with Noel. I think $7-8k may be right for a low mileage '05-'06 1000. $8-9K for a low mileage '07R 1000. And I've seen, unfortunately, '08 100-312R's going for $9-10K. The North Georgia dealer has a '08 1000-312R (high mileage) that they've been trying to sell for months - currently listed for $8995. I'm guessing they'd take less.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
What kind of condition are these ultra cheap 750's in? And also where are they? Does anybody have examples of bikes currently for sale at these bargain basement prices?

Not being sarcastic here. Been looking for another 750 here for a while. I have not yet seen them for the ultra cheap prices that many members say they are worth.

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
Your comment is well taken rchase. It seems to me, though I'm not an expert - just using casual observation, that nice low mileage '02-'03 750's command value just under '05 1000 prices, and the '99-'01 750's go for even less. Based on my observations, nice '02-'03 750's seem to bring $6-7, and '99-'01 models bring $5-6. Not to say that if you find a REALLY nice example that you're not better off paying a bit more to get a well maintained pristine example.

Again, I'm no expert nor did I sleep at Holiday Inn Express last night. I do catch some of the eBay auctions that complete though. :)

That being said, if jtodd's seller would come down to $7K, and the bike checks out well, it may be a solid buy for him. Or he may decide that since the bike is local and really low mileage '03 750's are hard to find, he might consider $8k to be worth it to him.

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
At the same time, though, I'd be tempted to throw a $8K offer on that high mileage '08 1000-312R in North Georgia before plunking down $8K for an '03 750. But that's just me. These things are only worth what one person is willing to pay.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
At the same time, though, I'd be tempted to throw a $8K offer on that high mileage '08 1000-312R in North Georgia before plunking down $8K for an '03 750. But that's just me. These things are only worth what one person is willing to pay.
Personally I would prefer the 750 over the 1000. But i'm weird that way. :)

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
If this is the one in northern NJ and I were looking for a 750, I would easily pay the asking. The one I saw last year had similar low mileage and I couldn't find a scratch on the bike. The evo 3, I believe, was the last of the standard 750s and were more refined than the earlier versions.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
If this is the one in northern NJ and I were looking for a 750, I would easily pay the asking. The one I saw last year had similar low mileage and I couldn't find a scratch on the bike. The evo 3, I believe, was the last of the standard 750s and were more refined than the earlier versions.
Exactly. Condition plays a huge part in pricing. You can easily price a bike in "average" condition with comparisons to other average bikes.

The exceptional ones are less common and depend a lot on "who's" doing the buying. If your looking for a bike to modify the crap out of or take to the track condition is less important. If you want to leave it stock condition is very important because you won't be replacing those damaged parts with shiny bits.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
You guys are just bloviating about these F4 prices.....buy a Brutie, grow a pair, and be a real man.......:stickpoke

:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts