MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming off a Ducati 1098s. I was rear-ended in my vehicle, where it was determined that I have a Spondylolisthesis and massive amounts of arthritis in my back (great news at 26). Needless to say, I can't/don't want to be hunched over anymore and have decided that a Brutale will be my next bike. However, I'm an extreme over-analyzer and mild procrastinator; presenting me w/ a tough time narrowing down what Brutale it'll be...

The bike is going to see quite a bit of use on the streets and freeways of Las Vegas and the mountain passes when I visit my other residence in Lake Tahoe. I'll have a passenger from time to time. I really want a 1078rr or a 910r, but I can't find one around me that A: hasn't already been sold B: I feel comfortable buying from that dealer C: Price is reasonable for condition, miles, etc. Sadly, my local dealer is really great, they just don't have the bike I want.

Should I just stick it out and wait to get what I want (1078)? Get a 1090 or 990? Or buy an '04 Brutale for around $5000.00 to just get back on a bike, get familiar w/ an MV, put the stands I already bought to use and buy the bigger one when it comes up?

Thanks!

:conveyer:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had a test ride on the 989 but bought the 1090 as I knew myself I would always be wondering what the top of the range felt like. After having a go on the 1090 brute I would say that it is far superior in terms of riding comfort which can only be good for your back

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Can't you ask your dealer to source a bike for you? They get a profit margin and you get the protection.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I'd buy the best deal in the short term

·
Registered
311 Posts
Take your time and get the bike you want. In this economy it will come up. You dont want to rush and settle and then regret your purchase later, just be patient.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts