MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorting a Christmas pressie for my mother in law to give me...(she's salt of the earth!) and I have asked her for a Harris front stand.

They don't do them specific for MV's but have asked what the distance is between the centres of the spigot holes in the bottom of the fork legs.

As my F4R is in the dealers being sorted, I can't measure them.

Anyone out there know what the distance is or has a ruler handy???

Harris estimate the gap between the spigot holes is be 215mm

Ta!
Tont

Attachments

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
It is exactly 10". I know this because I stuck my.....

tape mesure through the center of the axle and measured side to side.

CAG

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CAG said:

tape mesure through the center of the axle and measured side to side.

CAG
CAG...thanks for this but ...10" are you sure??...to the centres of the spigot holes on the undersides of the fork leg bottoms?... because 10" equates to 255 mm which sounds like the total length of the spindle to me.
Tont

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Sorry. What do you mean by spigot holes? The socket head cap screws that clamp the fork together? The distance from the inside of one fork leg to the inside of the other is 6 3/8", the distance from bolt center to bolt center is about 8".

CAG

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess this might just apply to the F4 1000R/312...but in the bottom of each fork leg there is a hole for the stand spigot to slot into.. as per the pic in my first post.
Thanks for looking though.
Tont

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
CAG said:

Shhhush....don't tell my wife. I've been lying to her about 10" for thirty years. :smoking:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Tont said:
I guess this might just apply to the F4 1000R/312...but in the bottom of each fork leg there is a hole for the stand spigot to slot into.. as per the pic in my first post.
Thanks for looking though.
Tont
Hi

This is my first post so I thought i would try and make it a helpful one. I've recently brought an 07 F4R and so will probably need lots of help over the next months and years. Anyway I assume you are talking about the holes on the bottom of the forks that are about 1/4" deep pointing towards the ground? Mine are 8 1/4" from centre to centre. Hope this helps.
Craig

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
07F41000R said:
Hi

This is my first post so I thought i would try and make it a helpful one. I've recently brought an 07 F4R and so will probably need lots of help over the next months and years. Anyway I assume you are talking about the holes on the bottom of the forks that are about 1/4" deep pointing towards the ground? Mine are 8 1/4" from centre to centre. Hope this helps.
Craig
Welcome aboard!
How are you getting on with the MV?

Thanks for the measurement....equates to 211mm which is the sort of figure I was expecting.

Cheers
Tont

·
Registered
124 Posts
Going great so far except for the bad weather of late. Still can't stop myself having a quick look everytime I go past the garage. Can't wait till the spring arrives.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts