MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, first off is ditch the rear sail that is a license plate holder. What are the choices here? Where do I get them?

Second, are clear Alternatives lights worth it? do they work well?

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I have the evoluzione plate holders on the 1000 and the SPR. Highly recommended.

I have the clear alternatives on the spr. fine for a flat black bike but, in my opinion a little too boy racer-ish on regular paint schemes. Unless of course you replace the organ pipe slip ons with those stainless coffee can things the kids put on their Toyotas.

CAG

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder how the clear alternatives would look on white...

The Evoluzione is good then eh? I look at them and wondered if they were worthwhile.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Dova80 said:
I wonder how the clear alternatives would look on white...

The Evoluzione is good then eh? I look at them and wondered if they were worthwhile.

I got them on mine:

before

after

(sorry, bit blurry)

-colin

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
oh, one thing, I changed the bulbs to the silver coated ones, so you can't see the orange in there. It works, but the lights are not nearly as bright. I think I passed japanese inspection with them, but worth verifying. I got the same wattage for the silver ones. perhaps higher wattage is brighter and still is "OK" for the light housing? forget the limit, but I'm not sure that more watts is a good idea to make it brighter. I've thought about switching back, because I think it is less easy to see in the sun. Just haven't gotten around to it.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
The Evoluzione plate mount is MUCH better than the OEM. So is the Melotti mount, but the Melotti is pretty pricey (175.00 + 38.00 for the plate light).

I had an Evo mount before I went Melotti ... if anyone is interested, the Evo mount now resides in the "Classifieds" section and is for sale.

Here's a pic of one of our member's bike with the Evoluzione mount:

Attachments

·
Registered
576 Posts
Dova80 said:
Ok, first off is ditch the rear sail that is a license plate holder. What are the choices here? Where do I get them?

Second, are clear Alternatives lights worth it? do they work well?
Dova80... I must have missed where you picked up an MV!?!

Edit... Doh... I now see the post. Congrats!

FWIW, I'm OK with the plate holder... It is kinda open with nice angles. But this is me. Clear alternatives... I like...

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
CAG said:
I have the evoluzione plate holders on the 1000 and the SPR. Highly recommended.

I have the clear alternatives on the spr. fine for a flat black bike but, in my opinion a little too boy racer-ish on regular paint schemes. Unless of course you replace the organ pipe slip ons with those stainless coffee can things the kids put on their Toyotas.

CAG
I have the smoked lens's on my Black/grey 1000R, don't think I would have done it with a red/silver bike, as said before, they are not as bright with the silver coated bulbs, I may go back to orange bulbs in the rear one's :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
The Evoluzione plate mount is MUCH better than the OEM, yes. I'm looking at mounting it a little more out of the way if i can... its pretty tight though.. really want to get it away from the beautiful pipes, the end of them anyway.
Kind of like this or this;

Attachments

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like I might have to get the Clear alternative lenses as I think they look better on the white. Thanks TL for posting them!

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Dova80 said:
Looks like I might have to get the Clear alternative lenses as I think they look better on the white. Thanks TL for posting them!

anytime! :p :spank:

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I have just fitted the Evolusione. Works wells. Although I included the OE rego plate light which causes the thingo to hang a little low imo.

After I take the bike through licensing I'm gonna pull it apart and remove said light so the bracket and plate tucks higher up under the exhaust.

There was another really SLICK looking one. Check Odonata's pics and threads for the name. (sorry I'm too lazy at 10pm to find the link!) But from memory it was expensive.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Broms said:
I have just fitted the Evolusione. Works wells. Although I included the OE rego plate light which causes the thingo to hang a little low imo.

After I take the bike through licensing I'm gonna pull it apart and remove said light so the bracket and plate tucks higher up under the exhaust.

There was another really SLICK looking one. Check Odonata's pics and threads for the name. (sorry I'm too lazy at 10pm to find the link!) But from memory it was expensive.

http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11644

Motovation License plate but its also 175 bucks!! I might have to wait till Odonata comes back to see what he thinks of it, if its worth it to buy one.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Yep that's it.

Thanks D, you've obviously had less red wine than me tonight.

:wtf: forgot, lunchtime for you? Go get a beer to celebrate the new bike:) or is it still breakfast?

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Broms said:
Yep that's it.

:wtf: forgot, lunchtime for you? Go get a beer to celebrate the new bike:) or is it still breakfast?

Still Breakfast about 8 in the morning on Sat. I have been known to have a beer for breakfast its the breakfast of Champions! Beer and Cheerios!

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Broms said:
Yep that's it.

what did you have tonight broms?

we started with a larmandier-bernier champagne, then went with an experimental french 'vin de pays d'oc' Pinot Noir. not bad, not great, but great value.

anyway, a 2 bottle night is always a bit aggressive, even on a saturday night! :) :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts