MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

need some help please. I replaced the stock indictors with Lightech led, front and rear.

ill post a pic of the rear...drilled holes in the plastic under cover and removed the mud guard and original indicator lights.

Anyway I now have hyper flash. When I connect the 10w 6-8 ohm lightech resistors to the wiring i get one flash and the indicator stops blinking altogether (connected in parallel) tried two resistors nothing, tried 2 resistors in series then parallel to wiring still nothing.

has any one got any suggestions here.

thanks all.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
24,103 Posts
The resistance (load ) is wrong for the flasher.

Either try no resistor...probably hyperflash.
OR, try a smaller resistor, say 3-4 ohm.

The system should work with one 8 ohm resistor in parallel with the led.

Another thing to try is resetting the electrical system. Put in the setup you want to try, disconnect the negative leads from the battery, let sit a few minutes, reconnect the negative leads from the battery and see if that helps.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok. Could not wait till the weekend ....:)

I disconnected the battery and there is only a hyper flash now when at idle. At rmp above idle the flasher is at the standard rate.

Tried with resistors. Same as before.

Happy at lease that it does not hyper flash at higher rmp. Will try weaker resistors as soon as I can find some.

Thanks for the help

·
Super Moderator
24,103 Posts
Sounds like the ECU sensed voltage is low when at idle....could the battery be a Koyo?:jsm::smoking:

·
Super Moderator
24,103 Posts
I would get rid of that and use a quality Yuasa replacement...or the quality replacement of your choice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts