MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have a similar question that was posted in the F3 forum by @Triplefan.

What are the main differences between MY21 and MY22 Superveloce?

I am asking because there are a few low-mile bikes (2021) that already have everything I would want to put on the bike I get. These include:

• Serie Oro Wheels
  • Serie Oro Arrow Race Exhaust
  • Serie Oro Race Ecu
  • MV Insignia Mirrors
  • Passenger Seat Delete With Painted Tail Cowl
  • "Ottocento" Abs Aluminum Cover Plates

All of this on a bike for $22,500 in CA and a couple of bikes in FL for $25,000.

The 2022 model bikes are $24,998 for a stock bike with no aftermarket parts.

My main question is, is it worth it to get a new model with the new upgrades internally or an older model with the exterior upgrades already taken care of?

I am kind of leaning towards a new bike that I can get to know before I start modding it, but to me, the exhaust is a must and I believe the exhaust is close to $2500 alone. Also, I am still unsure exactly what upgrades besides launch control, new quick-shifter, and I believe a new TFT screen....anything else I am missing?

Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you plan on riding your motorcycle, I'd definitely buy as the second owner. I'm not a Superveloce owner, but I purchased my 2020 dragster with a little under 1k on the clock in november. My bike has nearly 9k miles now. If I bought brand new, my wallet would be $5k lighter for no reason at all.

When you say "new model with the upgrades internally" I'm unware if the Superveloce have had any big revisions to their platform lately (Like the 2018+ Brutales getting a revised sprag clutch part) -- so I'd like to leave that to a more experienced member to answer.

Also according to this video, it looks like the Superveloce had the upgraded TFT screen from as early as 2020:

but again, I'll leave that to someone with more knowledge on the Superveloces to answer. Happy Shopping 6teen!

·
Registered
2022 F3 Rosso
44 Posts
Hello. I have a similar question that was posted in the F3 forum by @Triplefan.

What are the main differences between MY21 and MY22 Superveloce?

I am asking because there are a few low-mile bikes (2021) that already have everything I would want to put on the bike I get. These include:

• Serie Oro Wheels
  • Serie Oro Arrow Race Exhaust
  • Serie Oro Race Ecu
  • MV Insignia Mirrors
  • Passenger Seat Delete With Painted Tail Cowl
  • "Ottocento" Abs Aluminum Cover Plates

All of this on a bike for $22,500 in CA and a couple of bikes in FL for $25,000.

The 2022 model bikes are $24,998 for a stock bike with no aftermarket parts.

My main question is, is it worth it to get a new model with the new upgrades internally or an older model with the exterior upgrades already taken care of?

I am kind of leaning towards a new bike that I can get to know before I start modding it, but to me, the exhaust is a must and I believe the exhaust is close to $2500 alone. Also, I am still unsure exactly what upgrades besides launch control, new quick-shifter, and I believe a new TFT screen....anything else I am missing?

Thanks!
I think the 2021 and 2022 800's (F3 and superveloce) are the same bike, mechanically at-least. They have have changed some stickers or slight colors.
My 2022 F3 came with a 2021 owner's manual LOL Its also came with stuff about the superveloce, as mechanically, they are basically identical.
The main difference is they cranked-up the price for the 2022 models by about 1600 USD. I ordered mine about 1 month after the price increase :( Who knew.
Triplefan was talking about the 2020 vs 2021/2022 F3's, as I recall. Those are very much different (euro 4, dash, engine internals, frame, ABS, IMU, etc etc.)
Id say get a 2021 if you can find one, and save the money. Though honestly, used sportbikes are sellling for over new retail here now, due to shortage of newer ones. So if you can wait, you might be able to get a new one for nearly the same price. Depends on the market where you are.

·
Registered
Superveloce 800
92 Posts
Hi 6teen.

I have upgraded the exhaust on mine and you are definitely right; it is a must! It is indeed circa $2,500. Not cheap!

Catbread is right, all Superveloces have a TFT screen and it is a good one.

As regards upgrades for the Euro 5 model:

- Quickshifter 3.0: not used it but I gather it is smoother. 2.0 is good, no worries there but I think there is always room for improvement with these. Would be nice to have.

- 6 axis IMU: This brings cornering ABS and lean angle sensitive traction control. I learnt to ride before electronics, so rarely trouble these systems. The non IMU version is fine for me. (although I believe race mode now has the option of displaying a lean angle gauge on the dash - this I would like!😉).

- Launch control: meh. Whatever…

- Mobisat Tracker: This would be good to have, obviously aftermarket tracking systems can be fitted but they are moderately costly to install and run.

- Wheelie control: If that is your thing then I guess this would be good to have. This bike is no wheelie monster though: chassis dynamics, riding position, counter-rotating crank etc all combine to keep the front wheel relatively calm in normal use,

- DLC coating to engine internals: this and a couple of other internal engine upgrades were made for Euro 5 compliance. No extra power. You won’t notice them.

- There we’re rumours of a new, more comfortable seat but I can’t notice the difference. These bikes are not the last word in comfort (although the riding position is surprisingly comfortable for a bike of this type).

I think those are all the differences. In short, enhancements yes but they are relatively minor in the grand scheme of things: in every major way, it is basically the same bike.

As to which to go for? It’s an obvious thing to say really but if you can afford the new one and to then add the mods you want (as I said, the exhaust is a must), then do that. If that is going to stretch the bank balance a bit too far, don’t worry about getting the earlier version with the mods already done; you really won’t notice or miss them so much that it will be annoying!

Also worth bearing in mind that the base price of the 2022 models is higher than the earlier ones. This is not to do with the upgrades but purely because of the cost impact of global supply chain issues and inflation. This alone suggests the new models are more expensive than they should be and et’s face it, no MV’s are exactly what one would call good value! Just wonderfully exciting to ride and own!

Good luck with whatever you choose! 👍🏻

·
Registered
Superveloce 800
92 Posts
In relation to MVNoob’s post, we have a different model year date naming culture here in the UK to that which you have in the States: in the UK / Europe we would call the Euro 5 bikes 2022, the Euro 4 bikes would be 2020 or 2021. I have a Euro 4 2021 bike.

Just thought I would clear that up in case anybody was confused! 👍🏻

·
Registered
2022 F3 Rosso
44 Posts
In relation to MVNoob’s post, we have a different model year date naming culture here in the UK to that which you have in the States: in the UK / Europe we would call the Euro 5 bikes 2022, the Euro 4 bikes would be 2020 or 2021. I have a Euro 4 2021 bike.

Just thought I would clear that up in case anybody was confused! 👍🏻
Interesting point RE 2021 Euro4. On the "2021" F3 Rosso videos I saw online, they said Euro5. But Ive never actually seen a 2021 F3 Rosso in the US, so I cant confirm they actually existed, at-least here. So its really hard to tell exactly when they cut over to Euro5, for either the F3 or the Superveloce. Maybe it was mid-2021. But the TFT and new electronics seem to be on all Superveloce's, even 2020. So apparently they had the new electronics on some Euro4, since Im pretty sure 2020's are all Euro4.
I dont know if MV's marketing people even actually know LOL
All I know is these Euro<x>'s progressions are more and more out of control. Before they are done, we will all be riding electric scooters.

·
Registered
Superveloce 800
92 Posts
Interesting point RE 2021 Euro4. On the "2021" F3 Rosso videos I saw online, they said Euro5. But Ive never actually seen a 2021 F3 Rosso in the US, so I cant confirm they actually existed, at-least here. So its really hard to tell exactly when they cut over to Euro5, for either the F3 or the Superveloce. Maybe it was mid-2021. But the TFT and new electronics seem to be on all Superveloce's, even 2020. So apparently they had the new electronics on some Euro4, since Im pretty sure 2020's are all Euro4.
I dont know if MV's marketing people even actually know LOL
All I know is these Euro<x>'s progressions are more and more out of control. Before they are done, we will all be riding electric scooters.
So the Euro 5 models (whether F3 Rosso or Superveloce) didn’t arrive in showrooms until mid / late 2021. In Europe it is convention to refer to the model that was on sale at the start of the year as being the model from that year. Thus 2021 Euro 4 models (although some Euro 5 models were indeed registered in late 2021). All semantics though really.

One thing I do know for 100% certain though is that ALL Euro 4 F3’s and Superveloces definitely do not have IMU electronics, Launch Control, Quickshifter 3.0 etc. That spec didn’t arrive until the Euro 5 model updates. All Superveloces do indeed have a TFT dash though. Easy way to tell whether Euro 4 or Euro 5 is to look at the right hand switchgear: if the bottom button says “Launch” on it, it is Euro 5. If it doesn‘t, it is Euro 4.

I’m not sure about 100% electric scooters but 100% electric bikes?…. Quite possibly! As you probably know, current legislation states that all new cars sold will need to be electric by 2030. Personally, I think synthetic fuels will come to the rescue of the good old ICE (and thus non-electrically powered cars and bikes) but time will tell!

Ride safe and enjoy! 👍🏻

·
Old Wing Nut
23,992 Posts
Euro2 Euro3 Euro4 Euro5 etc all refer to emissions (both noise and gasses) regulations. Those emissions regulations have gotten increasingly strict.
It is called Euro because it starts with the European Union countries. Other countries may choose to join in or go their own way (the USA had EPA).
For ease of global distribution the manufacturers generally strive for the most stringent regulations which will then allow easy homologation in other countries.
At this time Euro5 is the most strict regulation.
There are rules that state when a manufacturer can no longer sell a lower level of regulation in many countries and so you may find Euro 4 bikes being sold outside the EU long after they are no longer sold within the EU.

here is some reading

·
Registered
2022 F3 Rosso
44 Posts
So the Euro 5 models (whether F3 Rosso or Superveloce) didn’t arrive in showrooms until mid / late 2021. In Europe it is convention to refer to the model that was on sale at the start of the year as being the model from that year. Thus 2021 Euro 4 models (although some Euro 5 models were indeed registered in late 2021). All semantics though really.

One thing I do know for 100% certain though is that ALL Euro 4 F3’s and Superveloces definitely do not have IMU electronics, Launch Control, Quickshifter 3.0 etc. That spec didn’t arrive until the Euro 5 model updates. All Superveloces do indeed have a TFT dash though. Easy way to tell whether Euro 4 or Euro 5 is to look at the right hand switchgear: if the bottom button says “Launch” on it, it is Euro 5. If it doesn‘t, it is Euro 4.

I’m not sure about 100% electric scooters but 100% electric bikes?…. Quite possibly! As you probably know, current legislation states that all new cars sold will need to be electric by 2030. Personally, I think synthetic fuels will come to the rescue of the good old ICE (and thus non-electrically powered cars and bikes) but time will tell!

Ride safe and enjoy! 👍🏻
Hmm. Maybe I learned something today. So are you saying the 2020 SV with the TFT dash had the old Bosch ABS/traction control, QS 2.0, etc? If so, that is really odd. I thought the TFT display was an integral part of the e-novia IMU and other "aids"/electronics systems? Did the 2020 SV have the navigation, GPS, bluetooth?
No, I meant scooters LOL The nannie states will soon deem that anything over 50cc is far too dangerous for the peasants to ride. They are safer, dont you know.

·
Registered
2022 F3 Rosso
44 Posts
Euro2 Euro3 Euro4 Euro5 etc all refer to emissions (both noise and gasses) regulations. Those emissions regulations have gotten increasingly strict.
It is called Euro because it starts with the European Union countries. Other countries may choose to join in or go their own way (the USA had EPA).
For ease of global distribution the manufacturers generally strive for the most stringent regulations which will then allow easy homologation in other countries.
At this time Euro5 is the most strict regulation.
There are rules that state when a manufacturer can no longer sell a lower level of regulation in many countries and so you may find Euro 4 bikes being sold outside the EU long after they are no longer sold within the EU.

here is some reading
Yessir, no confusion there. Im only confused about these SV years and electronics LOL.

Not sure why Im concerned with what funny-looking F3's have for electronics anyway...

Im totally kidding with that, BTW. Well, mostly ;)

·
Registered
Superveloce 800
92 Posts
Hmm. Maybe I learned something today. So are you saying the 2020 SV with the TFT dash had the old Bosch ABS/traction control, QS 2.0, etc? If so, that is really odd. I thought the TFT display was an integral part of the e-novia IMU and other "aids"/electronics systems? Did the 2020 SV have the navigation, GPS, bluetooth?
No, I meant scooters LOL The nannie states will soon deem that anything over 50cc is far too dangerous for the peasants to ride. They are safer, dont you know.
Yes. That is exactly what I am saying.

The first (Euro 4 compliant) versions (including the serie oro) did not have the E-Novia IMU etc; that only came in with the Euro 5 compliant models. All have the TFT screen. None of them have in-built GPS or mapping capability but all models can Bluetooth link to your phone (and headset) to sync with the MV Ride app to adjust engine map and ABS settings, record rides, provide turn by turn navigation and control messaging, phone and music functions on the phone, via the bike’s screen and switchgear.

For what it is worth, the Euro 4 compliant F3s (as differentiated from Superveloces) still had the old LCD display, not the TFT. The first F3 to get a TFT was the Rosso, which is obviously a Euro 5 compliant model.

Totally onside with your comment about nanny state and potential for 50cc max engine limits….. it does my head in all that!! Just leave us to make our own choices and mistakes for Lord’s sake! I think all Governments need to adopt the New Hampshire State motto: “Live Free or Die”!! 😁

Apologies if my comments were open to misinterpretation Esq’z me, I obviously realise that the various Euro designations are purely about emissions; I was merely referring to Euro 4 and Euro 5 models as a way of unambiguously distinguishing between the various different specifications that different model years have.

Cheers all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all of the responses. Sorry, but I am still trying to learn as much as I can about this bike. I think this thread is what introduced these questions in my head.

Superveloce MY '20 vs MY '21

If you plan on riding your motorcycle, I'd definitely buy as the second owner. I'm not a Superveloce owner, but I purchased my 2020 dragster with a little under 1k on the clock in november. My bike has nearly 9k miles now. If I bought brand new, my wallet would be $5k lighter for no reason at all.
I do plan on riding this bike. All of my other bikes are air-cooled with no electronics, so I would like something a little more sophisticated. Buying a slightly used one would be my first choice, given they are the same bike. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something new that might be a must to have.

I think the 2021 and 2022 800's (F3 and superveloce) are the same bike, mechanically at-least. They have have changed some stickers or slight colors.
My 2022 F3 came with a 2021 owner's manual LOL Its also came with stuff about the superveloce, as mechanically, they are basically identical.
The main difference is they cranked-up the price for the 2022 models by about 1600 USD. I ordered mine about 1 month after the price increase :( Who knew.
Triplefan was talking about the 2020 vs 2021/2022 F3's, as I recall. Those are very much different (euro 4, dash, engine internals, frame, ABS, IMU, etc etc.)
Id say get a 2021 if you can find one, and save the money. Though honestly, used sportbikes are sellling for over new retail here now, due to shortage of newer ones. So if you can wait, you might be able to get a new one for nearly the same price. Depends on the market where you are.
Yes, I noticed the price increase. That was why I thought there may be something on the newer model worth upgrading to. When you can get all of the things I listed for basically the same price, that is a no-brainer. Excuse my ignorance, but I thought the F3 used the same engine.

Hi 6teen.

I have upgraded the exhaust on mine and you are definitely right; it is a must! It is indeed circa $2,500. Not cheap!

Catbread is right, all Superveloces have a TFT screen and it is a good one.

As regards upgrades for the Euro 5 model:

- Quickshifter 3.0: not used it but I gather it is smoother. 2.0 is good, no worries there but I think there is always room for improvement with these. Would be nice to have.

- 6 axis IMU: This brings cornering ABS and lean angle sensitive traction control. I learnt to ride before electronics, so rarely trouble these systems. The non IMU version is fine for me. (although I believe race mode now has the option of displaying a lean angle gauge on the dash - this I would like!😉).

- Launch control: meh. Whatever…

- Mobisat Tracker: This would be good to have, obviously aftermarket tracking systems can be fitted but they are moderately costly to install and run.

- Wheelie control: If that is your thing then I guess this would be good to have. This bike is no wheelie monster though: chassis dynamics, riding position, counter-rotating crank etc all combine to keep the front wheel relatively calm in normal use,

- DLC coating to engine internals: this and a couple of other internal engine upgrades were made for Euro 5 compliance. No extra power. You won’t notice them.

I think those are all the differences. In short, enhancements yes but they are relatively minor in the grand scheme of things: in every major way, it is basically the same bike.

As to which to go for? It’s an obvious thing to say really but if you can afford the new one and to then add the mods you want (as I said, the exhaust is a must), then do that. If that is going to stretch the bank balance a bit too far, don’t worry about getting the earlier version with the mods already done; you really won’t notice or miss them so much that it will be annoying!
I think these things are what I was thinking about. I don't care about launch or wheelie control, either. It does make a lot more sense to get a used one with less than a couple thousand miles on it.

Hey @esq'z me are you going to the grand opening this Sunday for WOW?

·
Old Wing Nut
23,992 Posts

·
Registered
2022 F3 Rosso
44 Posts
I had planned to go but something with the wife just came up. I will probably go over there one day next week when I am in Atlanta for work.
I just noticed youre in Atlanta too? So am I. Seems lots of new ATL riders since WOW started selling them.

F3 and 800 have same chassis and engine. The SV is an 800 with all the style differences (and electrionics for some years, apparently).

I agree with not caring about or needing the new "rider aids". If I could have found a nice used before I ordered my new F3, I would have bought a 2020. Sounds like that might be the choice for you. Ive also heard multiple reports that the bosch ABS of the older one is better for feel than the new conti system. Ive not been thrilled with the conti system personally either.

·
Registered
2022 F3 Rosso
44 Posts
Totally onside with your comment about nanny state and potential for 50cc max engine limits….. it does my head in all that!! Just leave us to make our own choices and mistakes for Lord’s sake! I think all Governments need to adopt the New Hampshire State motto: “Live Free or Die”!! 😁
Amen brother!

·
Old Wing Nut
23,992 Posts
I just noticed youre in Atlanta too? So am I. Seems lots of new ATL riders since WOW started selling them.
Actually...since DucShop took on MV a while back. WOW only just bought out Mark (DucShop) and took on MV.
I hope they will be as good to their customers as Mark was.

·
Registered
2022 F3 Rosso
44 Posts
Actually...since DucShop took on MV a while back. WOW only just bought out Mark (DucShop) and took on MV.
I hope they will be as good to their customers as Mark was.
True, I looked at a 2020 back pre-covid at Mark's, but decided to wait to get back into riding due to covid. But Wow seems to have been much more aggressive about marketing and so forth. Do a cycletrader nationwide search for MV with no zip code and they are right at the top. It seems there has been a lot more MV exposure ATL in the past few months. At least thats what I gather from all the new ATL MV people on here also. But I didnt pay nearly as much attention until i actually decided to get one this time. Perhaps it was selective perception.
Agree, Mark is awesome to work with. Im sure he will do his best, and hopefully he doesnt get too saturated with non-MVs and Ducatis at Wow to keep doing as much as he was with those marques. We had plenty of japanese-focused shops already. He recently told me he was a year backlogged for ducati engine builds now :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts