MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a picture of the three fuse connectors on the left side of the engine where the diode is. My "mechanic" (idiot friend) reversed the battery connections putting a new one in. Went to fix the diode and failed to mark where all the wires are speed to be returned. I have it now but need to see the correct layout of all three plugs and wires. ..... Thank you!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The diode on mine is on the clip with the 40 amp fuse. Looked at the manual but both the in and out are red so its hard to figure out the orientation. The other one with the red and black connectors are hard to figure out also.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
The diode on mine is on the clip with the 40 amp fuse. Looked at the manual but both the in and out are red so its hard to figure out the orientation. The other one with the red and black connectors are hard to figure out also.

Ah, okay, give me a second, I'll get some pics happening.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Sorry about the bad pics and dirt, the last time I rode that bike it took of into the air and destroyed itself. It does not matter which way round the 2 reds go, as they are just being switched, I somehow doubt that the orientation of the other two make a difference also, the part to get right is the diode orientation and the location of the 4 wires on the plug.
Hope that makes sense, the 2 reds are just being switched by the relay, the 2 others are the relay coil wires and they operate the relay function.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you! That helps a lot..... do you happen to know what the box next to it with only two wires (red clip and black clip) is for?
If the diode is in properly and it still doesn't start is there a way to test the ecu?
When it's connected it makes all the normal sounds, pump priming. ..ect but the starter button does absolutely nothing. Thanks again. .... ready to get back on the road!

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Thank you! That helps a lot..... do you happen to know what the box next to it with only two wires (red clip and black clip) is for?
If the diode is in properly and it still doesn't start is there a way to test the ecu?
When it's connected it makes all the normal sounds, pump priming. ..ect but the starter button does absolutely nothing. Thanks again. .... ready to get back on the road!

I doubt it's the ECU, how sure are you the battery is fully charged?

The ECU will not try to start the bike, if the voltage is too low. Put that thing on charge overnight.
Or, turn it all on, get someone to give you a push while in second gear, hit the start button as you drop the clutch.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you. ... all 15 amp fuses checked out, replaced #4 just in case. Tried new 40amp too. Is the small box with two wires (red and black clips) a piece that can be blown? They were disconnected and don't know the orientation. .... think it's red on top from pics I've seen.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Sorry mate.
I will have to take a bit of a look around, maybe one of the other forum members can help.

My bike's or bike is stripped to the bare minimum electrics. I'll see if I can find anything for you.

·
Super Moderator
21,434 Posts
Sorry about the bad pics and dirt, the last time I rode that bike it took of into the air and destroyed itself. It does not matter which way round the 2 reds go, as they are just being switched, I somehow doubt that the orientation of the other two make a difference also, the part to get right is the diode orientation and the location of the 4 wires on the plug.
Hope that makes sense, the 2 reds are just being switched by the relay, the 2 others are the relay coil wires and they operate the relay function.
That explains the switchgear....but THOSE NAILS! How does Liesl deal with that.....:stickpoke:smoking::wave:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Donsy! Update......push started in first it started instantly and ran like a champ. Ignition switch still toggles between trip, time etc......upon turning off it still doesnt start with switch. Thinking starter solenoid or relay? Input?
Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Solenoid or startmotor. Replaced mine last week.

Check the loos plate of the anker. It smashed the rest of te motor.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So frustrating. ..... got new solenoid, starter relay, and diode. Still nothing! Will push start and starter cranks when powered across the solenoid. Once running the starter switch still toggles the trip menu..... dont know where to go from here. (Besides the dealer for 500$)

·
Super Moderator
21,434 Posts
Open up that switch and burnish the contacts. Have you done a voltage and continuity check per the switch contact diagram?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not yet. ... I'm moderately good with a voltmeter. Not 100% sure I'm reading it right, I figured if it still toggled the trip, miles, and time the switch was still good. Not right?

·
Super Moderator
21,434 Posts
Not necessarily.

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
Get a note pad and draw out the starter circuit. Then carefully follow it through checking voltages and continuity..I usually find drawing it is a great aid to understanding the circuit.

joe

1 - 20 of 21 Posts