MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEED HELP
I've been messing around with the ride height adjuster rod. I had written down the stock length [distance between collars] and now I can't find it.

What was the stock ride height length on a 07 910R?

Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi!!
It should be 21 millimeters...
I put it to 28 and is much better for handling!!!
some people I know are using 32mm, but I think is too much, even if they say that the bike is still stable...

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
You can't setup the bike by measuring the rod--It is designed to be adjusted depending on the position of the rear wheel cam, chain-tension adjuster.

You need to set up the suspension based on ride height, as measured per the service manual. Rod length is totally meaningless.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You can't setup the bike by measuring the rod--It is designed to be adjusted depending on the position of the rear wheel cam, chain-tension adjuster.

You need to set up the suspension based on ride height, as measured per the service manual. Rod length is totally meaningless.
Do you think?:wtf:

do not touch the wheel cam and put the back collars at a distance of 28mm...
Go for a ride in a place where you can have fun (like tuscany) and then write back!!!:naughty:

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Do you think?:wtf:

do not touch the wheel cam and put the back collars at a distance of 28mm...
Go for a ride in a place where you can have fun (like tuscany) and then write back!!!:naughty:
Umm...Do YOU think the cams all leave the factory in the same position?
I adjusted the rod height every time I adjusted my chain--There is no such thing as "stock measurement".

·
Registered
779 Posts
Umm...Do YOU think the cams all leave the factory in the same position?
I adjusted the rod height every time I adjusted my chain--There is no such thing as "stock measurement".
Right, you measure the distance on a fixed point between the sub frame and the swing arm. When you adjust the chain, use the ride hight rod to match that original measured distance between the sub frame and swingarm.

:nerd:

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Right, you measure the distance on a fixed point between the sub frame and the swing arm. When you adjust the chain, use the ride hight rod to match that original measured distance between the sub frame and swingarm.

:nerd:
Right.
Incidentally I also raised the rear when I went from a 12/65 front tire to a 120/70, rather than lower the front.

Going back to the original question, you need the stock ride height, but NOT the measurement between the collars, that is meaningless.

Sorry I can't help, don't know what the sock height on a 910R is, but someone here should know.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh well, I've change the rear sprocket, cut the chain to keep the adjuster in the middle of the range. I had a suspension tech work with me to set suspension ride height in a shop but it still just doesn't feel the same as stock. My collars are 24.5MM apart

·
Registered
35 Posts
Right.
Incidentally I also raised the rear when I went from a 12/65 front tire to a 120/70, rather than lower the front.

Going back to the original question, you need the stock ride height, but NOT the measurement between the collars, that is meaningless.

Sorry I can't help, don't know what the sock height on a 910R is, but someone here should know.
If You'r happy with that...
by the way, I've been thinking about it, and is meaningless to change measurement if you can't apreciate the difference in the roads of Arizona...:stickpoke

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
If You'r happy with that...
by the way, I've been thinking about it, and is meaningless to change measurement if you can't apreciate the difference in the roads of Arizona...:stickpoke
You're confusing AZ with FL :nutkick: :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts