MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Help me to sleep at night. I have decided to join you all and take the MV F4 plunge. The bike is so beautiful that I cannot keep my mind off of it, except when I am thinking about sex. I guess I am an old guy (49) but still have the need for speed. I have many bikes now but I need to get this speed thing out of my system before I am too old.

I hope you can help me decide the color. Red/silver or Silver/blue. I must admit that I am favoring the silver/blue about 60%. But, I may wish to add gold wheels. The gold wheels would probably look best on the red bike? Also, is it acceptable to buy an Italian bike that is not red? Or would I be at risk of being an outcast by the MV society?

So, please give me your opinions. Red or Silver?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I know how you feel. I always said if I got an MV I would build it like the CRC blue silver. But the red.... The red is.... well... Italian and MV. So it's a tough decision.

I suggest going black and get the Senna. :) It's my favorite.

I don't think you can go wrong at all. The red silver is great, but the blue silver is probably even more unique. And I prefer the blue/silver scheme over the classic scheme.

Good luck whichever you decide. It's a beautiful bike!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. I am generally a fan of red, have owned several red cars. I guess it is the silver that I do not like. I would prefer the bike to be all red or maybe reverse the paint and put the silver on top and the red on the bottom like the blue/silver bike. The red on top makes the bike look top heavy.........but.........this is classis MV and there is something to be said for staying with a paint scheme that works.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
in my 2006 MV F4 flyer from Pro Italia, there is a limited flat black F4 1000s, I am not sure if you guys have heard about it.

This is not the Senna, and I was told that it has a flat black finish that is closer to the 749 dark than the F4 750 SPRs, and will cost $500-800 more than the silver/red & silver/blue F4s. they are in limited numbers but not as limited and exclusive as the Ago or Senna.

454SD, I can't find it anywhere when I Googled it, I suggest that you go to your local MV dealer and ask them for a 2006 flyer if this is a scheme that interests you.

Gold Marchesini will look fantastic on that bike, IMO. The European LE 2006 R1 will give you an idea how it will look:
http://www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/products/motorcycles/supersport/YZF-R1SP.jsp?view=gallery

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Yep, there is a flat black F4 1000:

It seems that you really dig the silver/blue. Although, I am not so sold on the idea of blue/silver with gold rims? If that is what you are thinking, that is. It definately would look better with the red.

Either one, it comes down to it being an MV still. It doesn't really matter too much about what color it is. :) Do what your heart tells you!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Don't forget that blue/silver are the MV corporate coloures, so its not so far out of line, but red is Italian end of story!
Ask anyone what colour comes to mind when you mention words like fast/beauty/Italian/desire......yes it will be red!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey I've had a red/silver f41000 and now I've got a blue/silver f41000. Why not stand out from the croud. :flickoff:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
As far as this decision goes it's win/win though I vote for the red/silver. The gold Marchesini would look great on the red/silver as the colour is not as gawdy as the gold on the MV star rims. If you go to the registry and check out ddnuts's Ago pics there is one at the bottom of the page with christmas decorations in which the lighting makes the wheels look IMO very close to the gold Marchesini colour...and I like it. :)

People let me know if you think I'm hallucinating.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Just get an MV F4, not matter what color :toothless

I'd get the red/silver over the blue/silver anyday, but that's me.
C'mon.... just go with what you like best regardless of what a bunch of guys says on a net forum.

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
If you haven't gone to see an MV in person yet, you will figure out what color you want when you set foot in the dealership and you look at the red/silver or blue/silver for yourself. which ever color scheme you react to inside is the one you should walk out the door with!! :king: For me i saw the red/silver and it was like those colors where put on the bike just for me! that was until i started playing around with black parts and farings :smoking: but the red/silver was always my first choice.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Greeneggs&ham said:
If you haven't gone to see an MV in person yet, you will figure out what color you want when you set foot in the dealership and you look at the red/silver or blue/silver for yourself. which ever color scheme you react to inside is the one you should walk out the door with!! :king: For me i saw the red/silver and it was like those colors where put on the bike just for me! that was until i started playing around with black parts and farings :smoking: but the red/silver was always my first choice.
Exactly! For me, the blue silver was it! The fact that it was also the single seat just locked the deal. One of them will really strike you when you see it. Go with your instincts!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Red Or Silver

dude, you closed your post asking red or silver? i say silver. good luck with the red or blue part though. i personally chose blue because i'm over 40 and ,wouldn't like anyone thinking i was irresponsible in my choice of motorcycle. just flip a coin and buy one . you will never regret either.welcome to the site and thank God you are half way done with the color choice :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all of your responses to my indecision. I have just seen a pic of the upcoming yellow/silver and I am sold. Yellow it will be!

·
Registered
180 Posts
bradger said:
dude, you closed your post asking red or silver? i say silver. good luck with the red or blue part though. i personally chose blue because i'm over 40 and ,wouldn't like anyone thinking i was irresponsible in my choice of motorcycle. just flip a coin and buy one . you will never regret either.welcome to the site and thank God you are half way done with the color choice :rolleyes:

LMAO, Irresponsible by buying an F4. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I looked at both, the red /silver and the blue/silver.. the winner was the red and silver....However I feel that MV's are such a personal bike compared to the rest of the sportbike community. This being said, run with your heart... the bike will supply the soul in either color combo!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts