MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I tried searching but I cannot find the thread that describes how to remove the air intake covers on the side of the tank. Can anyone tell me how to do this. I am trying to install the carbon ones I received from eMoto today.

Thanks.

·
Registered
431 Posts
If you're talking about the panels under the tank, they're very easy. Pull from the back of the piece--under the seat--away from the bike. THEN pull toward the back of the bike. The front is held by a C shaped tab (facing toward the front) that will come free when you pull.

So, in short, pull out, then back.

Good luck. Let us know if you need more help.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
giomanach said:
If you're talking about the panels under the tank, they're very easy. Pull from the back of the piece--under the seat--away from the bike. THEN pull toward the back of the bike. The front is held by a C shaped tab (facing toward the front) that will come free when you pull.

So, in short, pull out, then back.

Good luck. Let us know if you need more help.
No, I have those panels off. These are the carbon pieces with the wire mesh in it.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, figured it out.
I had to pull the tank up and there are three small screws holding it up.

·
Registered
456 Posts
annuci :stickpoke This now means you must post pics!!!! I'm contemplating eMoto intake covers or the original MVSP. Curious about how the mesh looks from eMoto. Let's see the pics!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MVITALIAN said:
annuci :stickpoke This now means you must post pics!!!! I'm contemplating eMoto intake covers or the original MVSP. Curious about how the mesh looks from eMoto. Let's see the pics!
My wife is away with the camera. I will try and borrow a neighbors tonight and post some pics. The intakes were a major PITA to install. If you completely remove the tank it will be a lot easier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts