MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, having gotten older and slower, I've determined that the problem is that I'm too timid now and have forgotten many of the principles of cornering and riding techniques that lead to speed.

Can someone recommend a book that addresses motorcycle racing techniques or faster cornering?

I know this is kind of lame, but I'm down so far that I don't know where else to turn before I go to a roadrace school. I'd like to study a bit and see where that leaves me.

Thanks to anyone that could help. I'm really looking for your opinions on the DEFINITIVE guide to fast motorcycle riding. I know there are books out there, but I need advice here.

Best wishes, and I'll be asking for it in my stocking!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
blavenia said:
Okay, having gotten older and slower, I've determined that the problem is that I'm too timid now and have forgotten many of the principles of cornering and riding techniques that lead to speed.

Can someone recommend a book that addresses motorcycle racing techniques or faster cornering?

I know this is kind of lame, but I'm down so far that I don't know where else to turn before I go to a roadrace school. I'd like to study a bit and see where that leaves me.

Thanks to anyone that could help. I'm really looking for your opinions on the DEFINITIVE guide to fast motorcycle riding. I know there are books out there, but I need advice here.

Best wishes, and I'll be asking for it in my stocking!
Hillary Duff? :jsm: :)

Twist of the Wrist by Keith Code. It's old but it still applies. But it takes some involvement to really get something out of it. You have to work at it.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HaaaaH! You saw my post! Yes, Hilary Duff!

Anyway, thanks for the post. I will ask for it from my fiance, who personally thinks the bike should be my only gift this year!

I'll be lucky to get a book in my stocking!

Thanks a bunch. I will apply myself I'm sure. I'm determined.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
been there

Best advice would be to do cornering level 1 with the Californian Superbike School. Not cheap but lessons learned stay with you and you definately learn. And it works. The Twist of the Wrist author runs/teaches with the Californian Superbike School

Russ
748 SP for the track

1 - 6 of 6 Posts