MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3-29-06: hey everyone so here's the deal got my 02 mv750 f4 serviced by mv dealership in 12/05(basic 500mile inspection) rode it the other day came to a complete stop at red light and the bike "DIED"-restart it no problem. Three hours later(same thing) come to another red light(time to stop,so I stop)and again the f***in mv "DIED" at red light-anybody ever have this happen to them before??? It never did this before in the summertime(for those who may be wondering on the day of this problem it was 46/48 degrees outside) Could it be in need of and idle speed adjustment???-My idle usually is around 1100 rpms(and doesn't jump or surge-EVER)-any advice whould greatly be of help!!! I looked but could not locate where an idle adjustment could quickly be made (say like when this happened at red light or off to the side of the road-any thoughts let's hear it thanks again in advance!!! :mad:

·
Registered
47 Posts
You guessed right, it most likely is the idle adjustment. Especially since you had a recent service. Idle speed is one of the adjustments they do at each service. The mech most likely under adjusted your speed. My '02 F4 did the exact same thing when I first got her. Relax, it's an easy fix. In fact, download the Service Manual from this website. I believe the adjustment is covered in there. If not just take it back to your local shop. It can be adjusted in a matter of minutes. Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
spoke with mv tech today

3-30-06-hey everyone I spoke with mv service tech today on the phone-he said :1) either idle speed adjustment,or 2)(most likely)-carbon buildup on sparkplugs(from idle during warm up of engine)-quick fix go out and ride it say above 65/75 mph,downshift once and let her rip see if problem continues or not,if so time to bring it by the shop for idle speed adjustment. I just wanted to let everyone know in case someone else had same problem-thanks for the above reply and remember go out and ride em(none of this constant stop and go 40mph trafficjam bulls**t)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Uh, if you decide you want to "blow the carbon out of it", you don't have to go out and do triple digit speeds. You can do it just as easily in first.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
very true indeed

very true indeed, but I want to go out and "ring her neck" on the highway-She's been stuck in the garage for far to long(I hate Chicago winters!!!)

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Isn`t that what they call an Italian tune up?

·
Registered
180 Posts
luvtolean said:
Uh, if you decide you want to "blow the carbon out of it", you don't have to go out and do triple digit speeds. You can do it just as easily in first.
Who mentioned triple digits? "65-75" is what he posted. :conveyer:

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Shogunz said:
Who mentioned triple digits? "65-75" is what he posted. :conveyer:
However, this would very quickly lead to triple digits "quick fix go out and ride it say above 65/75 mph,downshift once and let her rip"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for reply

4-4-06: hey everyone-went out the other day and gave the mv half hour ride on expressway-seemed to be fine after that (but didn't get stuck in any red light/slow traffic-so will keep everyone up to date.Anyone else making any positive progress with this same problem??? :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts