MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve recently purchased a Spanish build MV for restoration. It still has the original Spanish registration number and owners plate, but other than the import document into the UK, it came with no paperwork.

The MV owners club in the UK don’t hold records for Spanish built bikes, so although I have the frame, engine and registration number, I can’t find out the year of manufacture or the exact model!

If anyone can help me with the above or point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Looks like a MV 150 Turismo/Sport
Production years 1952-1953
2Stroke engine 4 gears
(Judging from the engine block) because they stopped making that block after this model.

Although the tank doesn't match 100%...

See attached pictures from Mario Colombos´s book about MV agusta:smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for taking the time time and effort in replying, it’s much appreciated.

I’ve since found that the engine number is the main dating reference for the Spanish produced MV’s and that bikes produced in 1958 had engine numbers starting 1xxxxx, 1959 engine numbers starting 2xxxxx etc.

The engine number is 109606 (as shown on ID plate in last picture above) so that would match up with your research.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any further assistance would be appreciated, as without confirmation of year produced, I can’t get the bike registered on an age related registration number in the UK! Engine number shown below.

I don’t know if the Spanish authorities will respond to requests for additional information based solely on the registration number and import notification?

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts