MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have the opportunity to get a T1 for a good price but it has a dent in one of the organ pipes.

Solving this problem would be very easy with a new organ pipe, but my dealers says it not possible to get this as a spare part with a set of revits.

I asked if it's possible to sent the exhaust back to MV to change the pipe with a new one. This is aswell impossible.

Does anyone had to same problem and this solved trough some contacts that are able to help me with this?

would it maybe be possible to get the dent out without seeing there has ever been one?

Any advise or help, is much appreciated!!

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MV-999R said:
Can't you just unmount the dented tip and send it to someone who can repair it?
Don't know anyone who can do this. A local bodywork repairder said: I've never done this but I can try. Before I decide to let do this I want to be sure it's done probalby. And it doesnt get worse as it is now.

Therefor I ask if anyone could help on this.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
you need to contact a local shop that specializes in "paintless dent repair"
they usually work on car door dings, hail damage etc....anything where the paint is still intact. Unless its creased, they can usually do a pretty good job. I have used some in the past with very good results, ....they work from the inside of the metal, so the sleeve needs to come off.

check under auto body repair in your yellow pages

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
I would find someone who works with metal forming or sheet metal. I would also try to find an older fellow who is skilled in the old ways. Take the pipe to him and ask what he thinks. If he says he can do it then remove the dented piece and let him work it. You will never get it looking brand new but some of the older metalworkers can just do wonders.

Lee

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
I thought of another solution to your problem. Assuming the two outside tips are identical (they should be as I'm sure they're machine formed) why not just swap the two? All it would involve would be drilling out the rivets and removing both and then riveting them to the opposite side. Worst case scenario would be that the holes don't line up in which case you'd have redrill the holes in the section that the tips mount to. You'd lose the word Titanium showing but to me that's better than looking at the dent which would then be underneath and toward the inside. Unless you just can't stand the dent regardless of where it is. Those tips are nothing more than little glass packs and swapping them wouldn't affect performance at all.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
i don't believe that will work due to the shape of the tips. maybe if you turned it upside down, but i don't think it's worth it. remove and have someone work the dent out, then reinstall and be happy. especially if you got a real good deal on the entire set of pipes!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts