MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m after a pair of Titanium Tapered Allen Head Bolts size M7 x 25mm…

I’ve tried all the UK market suppliers with no luck and have exhausted all the avenues known over here.. I have the option of buying a length of Grade 5 titanium bar and making them on a lathe, but to be honest I don’t really fancy going down that route..

Most of this Titanium is imported into the UK from China, but since I have no contacts in the East and the obvious language barrier, I thought I’d put out this post on the MV net to see if someone can help me out..

This M7 x 25 mm is an odd size, but as the USA still use imperial sizes, there might be a supplier of titanium bolts out there that stock these bolts..

Any help, advise or contacts would be much appreciated..

Cheers

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
sorry, i checked my only real source, don't see M7....

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
Poggipolini doesn't make them in 7mm....but it can be requested. I've tried a few places that I know have the best stock.... none have 7mm anything, button, counter sunk, tapered, allen, socket..... zilch

sorry..... good luck finding the bits.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Yoyodyne only has one listed in 7mm - M7x1.0x20. Not sure who else in the States carries titanium fasteners.

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yoyodyne only has one listed in 7mm - M7x1.0x20. Not sure who else in the States carries titanium fasteners.
Steve.. I don't know if your based that side of the pond, but if you are.. is there any chance you can call these guys for me and ask them if they do stock a pair of Ti Tapered allen head bolts M7 x 20mm . Cheers

·
Registered
124 Posts
Are these the kind of things your looking for?

bolt.jpg

Titanium Tapered Socket Cap in Natural Finish - TISC720 Ref: TISC720
Tapered Socket Cap M7 x 20mm full threaded bolt
10mm head diameter, 6mm head height
Grade 5 Titanium - 40% lighter than the steel originals
Often used as seatpost bolts in cycles and Trek Parts
Unit Weight 4g

GBP Price £4.26 (£5.01 Including VAT at 17.5%)

if you search for m7 on www.tastynuts.com you should be able to find them.

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are these the kind of things your looking for?

View attachment 18091

Titanium Tapered Socket Cap in Natural Finish - TISC720 Ref: TISC720
Tapered Socket Cap M7 x 20mm full threaded bolt
10mm head diameter, 6mm head height
Grade 5 Titanium - 40% lighter than the steel originals
Often used as seatpost bolts in cycles and Trek Parts
Unit Weight 4g

GBP Price £4.26 (£5.01 Including VAT at 17.5%)

Many thanks for the info...

Those are exactly what I'm looking for ( although 25mm in length would be perfect), but unfortunately Pro bolt don't have them in stock, and there is no plan to have them in stock for the foreseeable future..

I tried a company called TiBolts UK who I believe do Ti bolts for mountain bikes, with no luck... I've got a feeling that cycle bolts might be M6 size ?? ..

For some reason, MV have decided to use M7 x 25mm for all their handle bar clamp bolts on the F4 1000cc model range... Don't ask me why they picked such an odd size bolt, maybe they did it to make us owners feel even more special for owning an MV :rolleyes:..

There must be someone out there on the forum that knows were an Ti M7 x 25mm bolt is used on another application.. Surely MV's can't be that unique !!!!!!

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
i bought a kit from motowheels that had those bolts for my contols and clip ons..... but motowheels doesn't not carry them anymore.... :violin:

·
Registered
890 Posts
I'm sure people in Taiwan would have that because they make all sorts of
sizes bolts in Titanium. You might have better luck finding your stuff on
www.alibaba.com if you couldn't find any contacts from Taiwan thru the
net....

Hope you can find what you wanted.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Steve.. I don't know if your based that side of the pond, but if you are.. is there any chance you can call these guys for me and ask them if they do stock a pair of Ti Tapered allen head bolts M7 x 20mm . Cheers
Yes, I'm "over here." I'll check for you. I'll let you know what I find out.

·
Registered
689 Posts
They are in the online catalog and can be added to the cart, yet the description notes that they are not available separately; only with Yoyodyne or Brembo calipers. I've emailed them requesting clarification.

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are in the online catalog and can be added to the cart, yet the description notes that they are not available separately; only with Yoyodyne or Brembo calipers. I've emailed them requesting clarification.
Cheers for your time and trouble.. Really appreciate it Steve

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm sure people in Taiwan would have that because they make all sorts of
sizes bolts in Titanium. You might have better luck finding your stuff on
www.alibaba.com if you couldn't find any contacts from Taiwan thru the
net....

Hope you can find what you wanted.
Hi.. I gave this web link a go but couldn't find anything related to Ti M7 bolts ??? Found a place in China that showed some trick Ti M7 star drive bolts.. Emailed them an inquiry, but had no response so far.. I suspect they won't bother answering my email, as they are probably only interested in selling large orders to huge companies..

·
Registered
689 Posts
Cheers for your time and trouble.. Really appreciate it Steve
I got a reply with a simple "The bolts are in stock." PM me and we'll see about getting some to you. The two bolts you need don't meet the minimum order, but there are some bits I have not previously been motivated to purchase that I could include.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts