MV Agusta Forum banner

Help needed for 125 Centomilla

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  esq'z me 
#1 · (Edited)
I am looking after a 1959 MV Agusta Centomilla for a friend of mine. Short background history of the bike. I picked her up from the previous owner in the spring. He started her up and rode her down the road to show me she ran fine. Since then she has been stored in my basement. I got her out over the weekend and when I get her running, which is only with the choke on and nearly full throttle. She does not want to idle. She has a oil leak coming out of the header pipe. Attached picture. Looking for advise on how serious this could be and how to fix.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
OK Randrew.... I couldn't reply when you reached out to me earlier this weekend.

The carburetor low speed circuits are blocked from sitting with our crappy E10 gas in the bowl.

Carb needs proper cleaning and she will start and run and idle again.....IF there is no mechanical, which I doubt since it was started and ran fine prior to being stored away. You would have seen a lot of smoke if there was a ring problem.

The stain you see weeping from the exhaust port onto the header pipe could be any number of things, but I wouldn't worry about it until after the carb is cleaned and the bike running again.

One possibility is the oil remaining in the head seeping down the unsealed exhaust valve guides while it was sitting in storage. Very little oil can make what looks like a big mess.

Bring it me and I'll sort it out :)

Reactions: silentservice703
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.