MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having the nose and tail sections of my 2000 F4 750 resprayed, and so need to replace the MV logos.
These are no longer available, says my dealer in the UK.
I'm having difficulty in sourcing aftermarket logos for the nose and tail because the sizes on sale don't match mine.
Would someone measure their MV Agusta logos on the nose fairing and tail section, and tell me the correct OEM width/height.
(My current size: 72mm X 47mm)

Please lots.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I order parts for my F4 here from http://www.motocorsa.co.uk/: https://www.bike-parts-mv.com/mvagusta-motorcycle/F4 It is set up similar to Startwin. You just hover the mouse over the item number and it tells you the price and if you can put them in your basket they are in stock.

Very easy to use website.
To be more precise about your order they ask for the vehicle Vin no from your Vehicle Reg Document.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all of you who've given me purchasing options.
Thing is, I have some aftermarket logos which are small - 50mm X 30mm
Those currently on are 72mm X 47mm
I don't know whether the latter are OEM or not.
I just hoped someone with a stock 750 would be able to tell me the size of theirs.
Then I'd know whether the aftermarket ones were correct - fit them, or not - return them, and source some different ones.
Bennetts say they're no longer available
Startwin and bike-parts items will cost me £30-odd!
Still hoping for an idea of size.

·
Administrator
18,853 Posts
On the nose cone of my 2004 SPR they are 42 x 32

There are none on the tail.

But this is a SPR, so probably different from a normal F4

·
Super Moderator
21,445 Posts
I have an EV 03 nose in my garage. I’ll check tomorrow for size if you remind me

·
Registered
862 Posts
Thanks to all of you who've given me purchasing options.
Thing is, I have some aftermarket logos which are small - 50mm X 30mm
Those currently on are 72mm X 47mm
I don't know whether the latter are OEM or not.
I just hoped someone with a stock 750 would be able to tell me the size of theirs.
Then I'd know whether the aftermarket ones were correct - fit them, or not - return them, and source some different ones.
Bennetts say they're no longer available
Startwin and bike-parts items will cost me £30-odd!
Still hoping for an idea of size.
I have OEM Graphics, they are 50mm wide and 35mm high for my MV F4 750 2000 model 1+1 Red/Silver paint scheme. They are the same on the front as the one on the rear.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have OEM Graphics, they are 50mm wide and 35mm high for my MV F4 750 2000 model 1+1 Red/Silver paint scheme. They are the same on the front as the one on the rear.
Sounds like my current logos weren't right, then
Thanks
I'll keep the aftermarket small ones, and centre them on the old ones.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Sounds like my current logos weren't right, then
Thanks
I'll keep the aftermarket small ones, and centre them on the old ones.
If you are going for a respray won't the painters be sanding down and thus removing the old Decals? I say this because I am just about to get my side panels resprayed and know what they will do.
Also if you site one Decal on top of another won't they sit quite proud. OEM Decals are low in height when fitted, they should be reasonably flush when lacquered in.

Unless I misunderstand you and you actually meant it purely from a positioning perspective.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you are going for a respray won't the painters be sanding down and thus removing the old Decals? I say this because I am just about to get my side panels resprayed and know what they will do.
Also if you site one Decal on top of another won't they sit quite proud. OEM Decals are low in height when fitted, they should be reasonably flush when lacquered in.
Yup. The old ones will go, but I expect my chap will be able to mark the centre then stick the replacements on the same point.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts