MV Agusta Forum banner

Help needed; Does anyone live near Knoxville, TN, United States ?

2K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  JDS 
#1 ·

Hi Guys and Girls

Does anyone live near OEM Cycles on 905 Mulberry St, Loudon, TN 37774 ??

They've got a tool I would like to buy, but unfortunately they can't help out with the customs duty shipping, because of their trading policy.. Which is fair enough and I respect that !

Is there anyone who lives near this shop that can pop in and pick up this tool after I've paid OEM Cycles and help shipping it to me in the UK ?..

Obviously I would pay up front all the shipping costs..

You help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
John

#4 ·
Cheers Guys.

Wow.. The friendship on this forum never ceases to amaze me ..

Cheers guys for you kind offer of help on this matter..

I’m not sure this dealership will ship parts to addresses that are not registered to the credit card holder.. I think this could be a problem.. This is why I was hoping someone lived near by.

I have to have a think about a way round this hurdle.. MMmmm?

#13 ·
Wow.. The friendship on this forum never ceases to amaze me ..

Cheers guys for you kind offer of help on this matter..

I’m not sure this dealership will ship parts to addresses that are not registered to the credit card holder.. I think this could be a problem.. This is why I was hoping someone lived near by.

I have to have a think about a way round this hurdle.. MMmmm?

They should not have a problem shipping to a different address. i've done it before plus they shouldn't charge sales tax. Just tell them you will be in the states and will pick it up at the shipping address. If you send it to a forum member they can fill out the customs slip and say it's a gift or put a reduced value on the form

#6 ·
I travel to that area routinely....however, won't be going that direction this month (unless some unexpected crisis comes along). Could let you know next time I am going through there and would be happy to assist if still needed. Possibly in April.
Ed

#12 ·
Thanks guys for offering to help me out here. I want to buy a proper DID Chain tool..

First of all, cheers to everyone for offering to step up to the plate and helping out with this purchase.

I’m after buying my own DID chain installation tool.. I’ve got to replace the chain on my Kawasaki and thankfully a mate has offered me the loan of his DID tool.

However, I thought it was about time I actually owned my own chain removal/installation tool after being into motorbikes since I was 16 years old. :jerkoff::laughing:

I like the look of the DID 500R Professional chain tool, as it seems to be built to last..

The problem is over here this tool is ridiculously expensive..

I found a seller in the US selling this tool for $160.16 + $13.45 Std International Shipping.. Problem is they can’t reduce the value of the goods on the customs declaration form so I don’t get stuffed with import duties..

So this is why I’ve turned to the forum for some help..

Cheers Ed.

Dave (Castle) has told me how much you’ve help him with these types of situations and without your assistance life would have been a whole lot more difficult getting some of the parts for his bike.. You’re a Top Man!.

I could send you the $161 bucks in advance so you would have the dosh before hand and the remained of the shipping costs once you’re ready to post the tool off.

However, I've found a seller in Michigan selling the same tool and if we can get this posted direct to someone over there, then there wouldn't be a need for you to go out of your way to Knoxville.

But thanks for offereing to do this deed mate.:yo:

Cheers
John

John would you want me to buy it and have it shipped to me for you?

Andrew.. Thank you so much for the offer of assistance, you’re a true gentlemen.

I might need to take you up on this offer mate, if I can't get this send to someone without incurring additional State Taxes..

John;
have them send it to me......i ship stuff for 3 Forums

what is the tool? PM or email me

here is the postage calculator for the postage;
http://ircalc.usps.com/Default.aspx?country=10143
Cheers Noel..

As you've done this kind of thing many, many times, you would definately be the person to help out in this situation and the dealer offers Free Domestic Shipping..

Do you know whether you would be stuffed with any additional California State Taxes?.. I'm not sure how the system works over there, but I do remember last time I was in Monterey there was this extra tax on everything I bought ?

Thanks Noel for your help on this one, and is it still okay to email you all the details and send you the funds ?

Cheers
John

That is what I was thinking. Unless its a tig welder or something it would be pretty easy for one of us just to buy it so they don't complain about the address and we lump it into the payment for shipping.

Ryan.. I was hoping you would ship me a life size blow up doll of Angelina Jolie, the one with the extra soft self-lubricated lips :laughing:

#15 ·
tool?

Hey John;
that D.I.D. tool only does one type link....
This unique item is designed to cut chain, press fit connecting links plates, and rivet pin heads all with one simple to use tool.
For use with D.I.D's ZJ rivet connecting link only.
Do not use this to rivet D.I.D XJ or PL links or any other manufacturer's rivet links.
This may be used to cut any 520,525,530, or 532 chain that uses any of D.I.D's RJ,FJ,XJ,ZJ or PL connecting links.

i got this one from Motion Pro;
http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0058/

let me know which one and i'll look around:naughty:

no extra taxes John

#17 ·
Hey John;
that D.I.D. tool only does one type link....
This unique item is designed to cut chain, press fit connecting links plates, and rivet pin heads all with one simple to use tool.
For use with D.I.D's ZJ rivet connecting link only.
Do not use this to rivet D.I.D XJ or PL links or any other manufacturer's rivet links.
This may be used to cut any 520,525,530, or 532 chain that uses any of D.I.D's RJ,FJ,XJ,ZJ or PL connecting links.

i got this one from Motion Pro;
http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0058/

let me know which one and i'll look around:naughty:

no extra taxes John
Hey Noel..

Thanks for the advice mate..

I've borrowed my mates DID chain tool and it looks to be a nice heavy duty bit of kit..

As long as your still okay to go ahead, I'll go for the DID tool for this time..

I'll PM you just to confirm you still have the same email address, and then we can arrange for me to send you some funds and the info on the seller..

Cheers once again mate
John

#16 · (Edited)
HI There Noel!!!

What a timely "link". I am considering a chain tool purchase also. The tool you list recommends a couple of additional tools if you are going to be assembling bigger chains....525 and up...or RK and Regina solid pin....

What's your experience with the listed tool? It looks like a keeper, but if I am going to do 525 or up chain, should I also get the heavy duty tool?

#25 ·
John, I've got extensive experience in London weather. I can personally vouch that it NEVER rains in London. I've been there 5 times over 30 years, and nary a drop. Also, it gets dahamn hot in the summer. Why do you complain about needing raincoats all the time?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.