MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i'm am off for a trip round europe in 10 hours and have just had an error messsege stop eng gas position sensor fault pop up any quick fixes??? the bike will not rev past 4000rpm

I have had this problem 'fixed' this week by new map and resetting the throttle position sensor

PLEEEEEEEEEEsSSeeee help

·
Registered
639 Posts
Leaving in 10 hrs, so you should be on the road now, is it fixed mate??

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What a nightmare it was I brought honda cb1100 at 7.30 ( it closed at 6) from my very friendly local bike shop so I can still go on the trip. Get home try the f3 agian and it fires up and runs like a dream. I decided to take the cb1100 any way just incase it happens again and it dont aort itself out. We left at 4 in the morning got 10 miles down the road and my mates gsxr breaks down so I gave away my back up bike and risked taking the f3. We have done about 700 miles and so far had no issues. So a risk worth taking i think. At the nurburgring today, it opened at 1 absolutely pissed it down at 1.30 so only done 1 wet lap

·
Registered
341 Posts
What a nightmare it was I brought honda cb1100 at 7.30 ( it closed at 6) from my very friendly local bike shop so I can still go on the trip. Get home try the f3 agian and it fires up and runs like a dream. I decided to take the cb1100 any way just incase it happens again and it dont aort itself out. We left at 4 in the morning got 10 miles down the road and my mates gsxr breaks down so I gave away my back up bike and risked taking the f3. We have done about 700 miles and so far had no issues. So a risk worth taking i think. At the nurburgring today, it opened at 1 absolutely pissed it down at 1.30 so only done 1 wet lap
My F3 800 has been doing the "Gas position" error for sometime (being looked at) If it happens again, just turn off engine, wait 5 mins and turn back on. If it comes up again repeat process. Normally after I have had it happen on any given day and I do this it doesn't do it again for that ride. Hope you have some luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts