MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I guess when I was putting gas in my Brutale I screwed up my emmissions module that is inside the tank. Kind of pissed, since I really had Know F *ing Idea it was in there so now its time to get a new tank. MY bike is red and I kind of want to do a chromo design like the Ducati Monster. Anyone out there know of any places to get a tank? I live in Las Vegas and Pat Clarks closed, I'm stuck with going to Cali. Figured if I can find it online that would be cool too. I'm ok with getting the regular tank but since I have to get a new one figured I would see what was out in cyber Land

Thanks
ALex

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
What color do you want?

Although I would love to sell you a tank, the only emissions module there could be inside the tank would be the charcoal canister and those are cheap as chips to replace.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really easy to replace.. The guy who fixes Brutale's in town said the way i put the gas nozzle in to the tank screwed that up and I need to get a new tank. They also had to take the rubber piece out of the top of the tank cause it was building up to much pressure and would leak. It had no gitty up or no low end until they took off that piece by the gas cap. If I were to by a new tank I want it to be Brused silver or a Matte Black

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went for my weakly ride and when I started going the bike felt different the down force that I normally get when I let go of the Throttle was gone and When I started to pick up speed she sounded different. When I stopped up by the mountain she was spitting out gas through the overflow tube. I was a little concerned so I road bake to the house which I ended up stalling five times. Which never happens. Took her in and the verdict had something to do with emmissions and the tank.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Man, I have a perfect gray tank I would have sold you for less.

You are quick to jump Id say... step back and reevaluate a bit.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Oi

I bought that tank, I figured get it painted and save a ton of cash.
So when you get the new tank, are you going to put the same old shit back into it:stickpoke.
The emission shit has got NOTHING to do with the tank body, except for it being the place where it is located. You just waisted money I think.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
So you bought a tank for $350 and now you are going to have it painted?

I think there may have been a less expensive solution to your problem.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I was thinking of a second different color tank as well, matte black lower section and stripe, red top.
Post pics when you are finished.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Yes, we do. We have plastic bins full of it. Why don't you wait until the tank arrives and see if the charcoal canister is still in the tank. If not, send me a pm and I may be able to help you.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
No, no, a pm is a Private Message. Just let me know if the canister is in the tank. If it is, that could be your problem.

You see, your bike had the canister under the tank. You'll see it when you remove your tank. So if the mechanic told you you screwed up the emissions stuff inside the tank when you filled it, (very unlikely by the way), you didn't have an original tank from '06 on the bike, and you have two emissions canisters. They didn't start putting the canisters in the tanks until '08 or '09.

Here is what I think: You have an '06 Brutale with an '06 tank on it. Somehow, your canister, which is under the tank filled with fuel and the tank wasn't venting.

Nice to have two tanks, but I'll bet $ to doughnuts you didn't need a new tank. Just a new canister.

·
Administrator
20,419 Posts
Or NO canister....very easy to just eliminate it. And no one will ever know, if you were actually worried about the CARB (the only emissions agency that requires it at this time).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts