MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my My10 f4 but it has been nothing but a nightmare. I got it around March and noticed a gas leak. The tank was swollen and the leak was from near the fuel pump assembly. Huge thanks to chuck who helped me fix that. Then over a month ago I got the intermittent ignition coil 2 message ( haven’t fixed it yet but got an ignition coil from SamUk) and So yesterday after I rode more than 80 miles to a different state while driving in the city at low speeds I lost the dash and all my lights and the bike just shut off. Checked the fuse and the first fuse was blown my cousin replaced it with one of his fuses and I got the dash and all the lights but the message stop can fault message. I tried to start the bike Then the same fuse. I tow the bike to my cousins place which wasn’t far at 4 in the morning. Today I changed the first fuse again and before I could turn the bike on the fuse gets blown. Help!!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,403 Posts
Good Morning Mahid....

Here is the fuse schedule:

F4 1000 2010 Fuses.jpg

With the history of your bike, I would be checking electrical connections and the harness to see if there are any shorts. One trouble spot is where the harness curves around the head stock.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks chuck!! The bike is in Rhode Island I will get it Saturday n check.

·
Vendor
5,148 Posts
Check the wires at the starter solenoid are not burnt and causing the short circuit.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Help!! My fuse keeps blowing up.

Ok so I thought me and chuck sorted out the fuse blowing up issue but it happened again. So even after a short ride my fuse 1 and fuse 7 blows up and shut off the bike. Is there any specific section or connector I should check which would be prone to this issue??

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I got the bike and replaced the fuse 1 and 7. Bike started normal for 1 minute and then blew fuse 1. Replaced a couple fuses again but now as soon as I turn the key the fuse blows. Relay??

·
Vendor
5,148 Posts
Have you checked the starter solenoid/wires yet.It sounds like a full battery power short to me.Have a look.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I checked the starter solenoid last night Everything looks fine. I will check again during the day. I’m at work now. I’m a Mv noob and don’t know a lot of bikes but The starter solenoid is right next to the battery where the 40amp main fuse is right under the riders seat.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So on the morning of 4th of July holiday I moved some turn signals wire away from the exhaust thinking maybe these could be the culprit and drove around 60 miles no fuse blown. Then today I go for a 20 mile ride and halfway on my way home I lose my dash with only the immobilized red light flashing like it does when it’s parked. The bike was still running and I remembered in the past when this happened it would shit off if I stopped and let it idle. So I keep revving it over 4K rpm to make it home. At a stop sign I pulled in the clutch I revved it hard like 6k rpm and suddenly I got my dash back for a couple seconds. During the ride with no dash I kept revving it from time to time and the dash would come for a couple seconds and die again. I made it home and as soon as I stopped it completely died. So I wait 5 mins and change the fuse it’s all right again. Do u think it’s the battery or maybe the alternator which is causing this issue?? Chuck has said he is gonna help me when our schedules meet but I still wanna keep searching. I was also getting a random malfunction error but kept dissappearing without saying what error. Finally caught the error today. It’s coil 2 again. I put a used one from Samuk with chucks help only a few weeks ago. I guess I gotta buy a new one from eBay before I see chuck.😭😭

·
Administrator
18,812 Posts
You have bad connections in your wiring. Going to take a while, but check every single place the wire harness connects...and look at the wiring for kinks or binding as well (possible broken wires).

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had a fuse keep blowing and it turned out to be the rear lights wire where it passes through the exhaust, the heat protection sleeve had failed and the wire had actually melted together, might b worth looking there.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The only wire going through my exhaust is the license plate light and I disconnected from under the seat and drove and my fuse still blew so it’s not that.
Now when the fuse blows after a long ride I get fuse 1 and fuse 7 so I’m trying to find something common between the two. What does it by central unit?? Is that the dash?? Why do I loose dash even when I just blow fuse 1? Also it says fuse 7 is stop light and I think I read somewhere that someone’s brake light wasn’t working and some forum member mentioned to check fuse 1 and 7?? So may be my fuse blowing could be brake light wiring ??

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What does fuse 7 and fuse 1 have in common cuz I have both blowing up randomly at the same time.

·
Super Moderator
21,403 Posts
Mahid, when I have the time, I'll look through the wiring diagram to see what is common.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
solved.

Finally solved. It was the license plate wire that goes through the exhaust. The insulation had melted. The wire is protected with a heat shield but the after the connector it’s all exposed. Somehow the previous owner might have pulled the license plate light wire through the exhaust and drove. It was minor and wire was was under the pillion seat n touching the subframe. Thanks for all ur help

·
Super Moderator
21,403 Posts
sweet!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts