MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Hi & Welcome as I notice this is your first post :)

There's lots of people on here with an amazing amount of knowledge who will be only too happy to help but I think they may need/want a slightly better more thorough description of the problem.

For instance, does the bike start/run fine up to 9000? then what does it misfire/ cut out completely? The more info you provide the more likely someone can identify the likely problem.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Ha Ha someone has fiddled with it, mst've been your mum or dad so you cant do crazy speeds!!

Why would you want to go over 9000 rpm anyway - that's where the fun starts!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
i had a similar issue with my 05 gsxr 750. around 8000 rpm my bike would not accelerate any further. it was due to a bad fuel pump, apparently a 2nd valve opens up, and mine wasnt.

maybe the f4 has a similar setup, i dont know :)

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Ha Ha someone has fiddled with it, mst've been your mum or dad so you cant do crazy speeds!!

Why would you want to go over 9000 rpm anyway - that's where the fun starts!!!
I don't think that's it - 8500k in 6th gear still has him humming along, if it was mum or dad I reckon the problem would be kicking in at 3000rpm ;)

Hang in there crazycheetah some useful replies should come in shortly - SiCC's is a good start :)

·
Registered
14,683 Posts
?

your parents have an ouija board.....you're fucked :stickpoke

:brutale::f4:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hi & Welcome as I notice this is your first post :)

There's lots of people on here with an amazing amount of knowledge who will be only too happy to help but I think they may need/want a slightly better more thorough description of the problem.

For instance, does the bike start/run fine up to 9000? then what does it misfire/ cut out completely? The more info you provide the more likely someone can identify the likely problem.
i had a similar issue with my 05 gsxr 750. around 8000 rpm my bike would not accelerate any further. it was due to a bad fuel pump, apparently a 2nd valve opens up, and mine wasnt.

maybe the f4 has a similar setup, i dont know :)
My englishi is poor,so i'm very sorry...
The bike start are normally,throttle response are normally,dash board display are normally;
but when i opening throttle,the engine rev reach to 9000 and "stop" at 9000,engine cuting firing,sound like rpm in red.the gear in neutral or 1,2,3 are same.
F41000S EFI sytem no CMP,no baro sensor,no STVA,no EXCV;the injector & coil work in each round,i checked the parts:fuel pump was checked ok,TPS checked normally,so i think the ecu REV limit parameter are changed?or ecu work in safe mode?
the ect & iap/iat no checked yet.

Many thanks!

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Replace your spark plugs! Order a set of NGK CR9EIX plugs and I bet your problem will go away.

But give us some more details about your bike, year, model, milage.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Replace your spark plugs! Order a set of NGK CR9EIX plugs and I bet your problem will go away.

But give us some more details about your bike, year, model, milage.
The plugs was replaced,and injectors was inspected.bike are F4 1000S 1+1 37year,23340km.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Don't take it apart yet!

Some bikes sold in the Japanese market had a 9,000 rpm limited ECU.

The ECU part number for these bikes, according to the book, is 8DOOA3230. Check your ECU under the seat.

Hope this helps.

Tony

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't take it apart yet!

The ECU part number for these bikes, according to the book, is 8DOOA3230. Check your ECU under the seat.

Hope this helps.

Tony
Important info!
Where can I find the code?
My ECU photo:

·
Registered
344 Posts
My englishi is poor,so i'm very sorry...
The bike start are normally,throttle response are normally,dash board display are normally;
but when i opening throttle,the engine rev reach to 9000 and "stop" at 9000,engine cuting firing,sound like rpm in red.the gear in neutral or 1,2,3 are same.
F41000S EFI sytem no CMP,no baro sensor,no STVA,no EXCV;the injector & coil work in each round,i checked the parts:fuel pump was checked ok,TPS checked normally,so i think the ecu REV limit parameter are changed?or ecu work in safe mode?
the ect & iap/iat no checked yet.

Many thanks!
english not good,dont take us aussies da wrong way then. get a good shop lined up,fullservice,,,,,,,,dyno,and go go go,like only acheetah can,oh yeah,dont ever ever ever,refer too a gsxr to mv.welcome:brutale::bandit:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Don't take it apart yet!

Hope this helps.

Tony
Spot on.

I had a look at his ecu file and it is in fact set to a 9000rpm limit, everything else is standard.

Easy fix for him.

Cheers
Adam

·
Super Moderator
22,875 Posts
Has anyone else noted the connector to be looking as if it were melted a tad?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts