MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have installed the F1 Ti slip-ons, removed the cat and fitted the new Racing ECU.
After my first ride to try the new parts, I have noticed an unusual ammount of black dust adhered to the pipes. Also I noticed that the tips turned out blueish.
How can I improve the combustion? I have now my TPS at 2.2 and the CO at 4.0.
Additionally the engine sometimes is hunting at idle.
Any suggestions where should I move the settings to?

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
get your bike a pcIII for christmas, and get it dyno tunned. it deserves it. oh and ti is supposed to turn bluish from heat, it looks cool, my bike is blue i wish i had that exhaust so it could turn blue. but i cant afford it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JamesC said:
WD40 first. If that doesn't work try the orange hand cleaner for grease. The orange works every time for me on the F1 Ti pipes (and the old Rg3 and old stock as well)
Hi James, thansk for the answer. However my questions was more directed on how to improve combustion by setting it with the VSDTS.
TPS and CO ratios
anyone?

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
bro, i would just get a power commander, and have it dynotunned, its the best thing you could ever do to your bike. morepoweracing has it for $260 shipped.

·
Registered
166 Posts
PcIII yes but did you first adjust each trottle body like it should be (Air screw) ?

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
JC Exec said:
I have installed the F1 Ti slip-ons, removed the cat and fitted the new Racing ECU.
After my first ride to try the new parts, I have noticed an unusual ammount of black dust adhered to the pipes. Also I noticed that the tips turned out blueish.
How can I improve the combustion? I have now my TPS at 2.2 and the CO at 4.0.
Additionally the engine sometimes is hunting at idle.
Any suggestions where should I move the settings to?
The 1000R type motor seems to hunt if set at 4%, mine does, I set mine to 2-2.5% and it still performs well, I normally have quite clear tail pipes :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts