MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
temp switch gone bad. theres 2 of them. one for dash display and one for ECU fan circuit. to make sure the circuit is working properly, you can just ground the switch that operates the fans. if they come on, then you have it for sure.

*edit* assuming fuse is not blown.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
One is on the top radiator on the left side. You will see the wire.

The other is on the engine, also on the left side.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Hello guys.
I've had serious overheating problems on my 2002 750 F4 ever since I got it...and I didn't know what it was.

I drained my coolant and filled it up w/ new one.
But when I ran the bike for the coolant to settle down, I was waiting for my fans to kick in....but they never did...bike started flashing @ 230*F and I shut her down :lightning:banghead:

My 750 has 2 rads & 2 fans.

Anyone knows that the problem could be??
I checked the fans and they are connected.

Please help me figure this one out.

Thanks guys I will appreciate all the help you can give me.

~Sergey~

I had same problem few years back with the EV03

its the diode thats gone

they are cheap to replace.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Theres a relay somewhere too.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
well that means the switch is working properly. just have to track down the short. i would check the wires going to the fans because they are closest to the headers. improper wire routing could result in some melting of wires and a short.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Take the RHS fairing off and look at the fans. Follow the electrical wires going into the fan motor - as noted in above post, check that the wires are not damaged by melting on the exhaust. If they are OK, follow the wires to their respective connectors mounted on the frame close to the fans - disconnect just one of them. Run the engine up to temp & see if the fuse blows - if it does then that fan motor is faulty. If the fan runs OK, then the other fan is faulty. Of course if you have a multi meter then things are a lot easier - you can check the windings without having to keep starting the engine.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
he can test the short without the motor running at all. just remove the connector and ground the circuit at the switch with the bike on. that should activate the circuit. but have plenty of spare fuses until you find the problem.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Thers's a black relay device on the right hand side close to the radiator, about knee-heigh - controls the fans. It's about 2cm big and has been known to fail. Cheap to replace.

Another issue is the wiring bundle that loops around the frame just forward of your right knee - water will work it's way in and corrode the wires and joints. I would recommend an auto-electrician at a decent bike-shop to sort it ot before you do serious damage.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
What was the cause of the fan's jamming? If it's warped/melted fan blades due to heat you're going to get the same thing again. There is also the possibility of the blades chewing into the radiator fins/cores and eventually causing a leak. Get some Muzzy's on there. Whether they flow more air or not is icing on the cake. They won't melt/distort and that's their main advantage.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Thanks Lee...I'll eventually will upgrade to Muzzy's one day. How much do those run? I'm really broke at the moment :(

Maybe I'll afford a pair when I get a summer job.... it's hard to upgrade bikes when you are just a broke college student.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
PM sent with explanation of what a diode is and what it does

nice to see that bike will be running cool again

And I want to say Thank you to Roy for giving good advices and for helping me out.

Thanks Roy. :)

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
If you can manage to get a picture of Randy in his dress and heels I'll buy you the Muzzys. My word.

Lee

1 - 20 of 22 Posts