MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's a 1090rr. It has a build date of 7/11. If they are the same as the Husky's they start to build the next year model right about then. The 10th digit on the vin is a B.
So do I have a 2011 spec bike or a 2012 spec bike. From what I can work out from reading stuff on the net and here the 2012 has the F4 head and intakes with higher lift cams while the 2011 has the engine with less horsepower but more torque. Other than that everything else seems to be the same. So what year does B relate to or is there some other things to look for that will give me an indication of which model it was built as? I have emailed MV in Italy but have not had a response as yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A 2010
B 2011
C 2012
D 2013
E 2014
Etc.
Thank you I appreciate the info. I was starting to suspect that was the case judging by the amount of low down grunt it had. I thought if a 2012 had that much grunt and it has the lower torque figure that the 2011 spec must be stupid grunty. Mentally I was hoping it was the big banger I suppose but in the real world the 2011 spec would most probably be the more usable street bike. Either way it's not slow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts