6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
185 Posts
spalding12 said:
well,
a hugger, actually....
i'll be picking up my 910R on saturday, august 19th.... and i'll be on vacation beginning tomorrow until then.

it has been raining every day around here....
i will want to put a HUGGER on that bike before i ride it, the first time.... to avoid mucking up the shock from mile 1

1. what should i buy?
2. where should i get it?

thanks so much in advance
DR. GREG,

CALL EMOTO OR GO TO WWW.EMOTOUK.COM
THEY'RE ADVERTISED IN THIS WEBSITE. MVAGUSTA.NET MEMBERS HAVE A GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH THE OWNERS AND SALES STAFF. YOU CAN ORDER A NICE CF. HUGGER IN DIFFERANT STYLES AT A DECENT PRICE.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Yep, eMotoUK or MV Corse. I have the eMoto hugger and love it. Naturally the MV Corse will cost more. However, if you buy from that dealership where we get that discount, you should be able to save 10% or more. I forget where the heck that thread is, however.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am going to get the emoto one. I like the "old style" one better than the one they show as new though. Anyone have a pic of the new style one on a bike?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Surprisingly, you don't get hardly any muck on the shock.

<-----rain or shine.

I've ridden it in the rain a dozen times...the shock is still clean. The swingarm design somehow works at keeping most the crap off.

Now, if you do a fender eliminator...be prepared to have one wet and dirty back/helmet....that rear fender...I miss it when it rains, lol.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Go for the MV Corse style (tamburini style) Hugger, also available through Emoto. Mounts inside swingarm, between tyre with nothing resting on top of swingarm. In my opinion looks much better, does not detract due to being more minimalist. I have the MV Corse one fitted, sorry no pics at the moment, but it looks great.

·
Registered
312 Posts
i got a hugger on mine, but it doestn help
it looks good, but thats it

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oicdn said:
Surprisingly, you don't get hardly any muck on the shock.

<-----rain or shine.

I've ridden it in the rain a dozen times...the shock is still clean. The swingarm design somehow works at keeping most the crap off.

Now, if you do a fender eliminator...be prepared to have one wet and dirty back/helmet....that rear fender...I miss it when it rains, lol.
thanks Nate....
interesting
i really appreciate it

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
MV Blackie said:
i got a hugger on mine, but it doestn help
it looks good, but thats it
Didn't think they did anything. Otherwise, they woulda added it...you're right though, it doesn't do anything, but they look nice!

That's the main reason I haven't gotten one, as well, it really doesn't do anything...maybe when I have some money burning a hole in my pocket.....I'll get one...

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
^^ Exactly...I just don't see the need for one other than aesthetics, if it's not doing anything...if my rear end got dirty, sure, but it doesn't do anything. I rode through some nasty shit, and my back had crap on it, but the shock and swingarm, were still clean...

I have $300 I could spend my money better on (like a powercommander). Especially since it's "adding weight"....:laughing:

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Before I got the hugger I had a ton of crap build up around the suspension. I don't have that now. I only added it at the first service (if it was recommended to me when I bought it, I would have added it then).

The sticky tires pull a fair amount of crud up onto the swingarm and suspension area. While I don't think that will necessarily ruin the suspension, it can't help it.

I don't have a specific pic of it on the bike, it sorta appears in a couple, but not the whole thing. Anyway, it is more minimalist than the other one posted. You can find it on the mv corse pages without too much trouble.

in short, i think it helps. and it looks nice.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts